Levo SL Gen 1 2018,2019 turbo owner....im sold on the SL

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
2018 Sworks
2019 Expert carbon

Had a sneak preview of the SL today (hasnt launched in my country yet) and im totally sold.

Its a game changer. A sub 19kg ebike that feels and rides like a manual. (easily sub 18kg with minor mods)

From the moment i got my first Levo in 2018, my only wish was that it could be 5kg lighter, the specialized engineers have been listening to the same feedback for years and have created the SL to fill the niche.

Smaller motor, smaller battery, shorter chainstay, this is the perfect ebike for my local trails. I dont need the 90nm of torque the regular levo churns out, also dun need the huge battery, so i been carrying around alot of deadweight

With the SL, no more dead weight, every bit of the bike is usable.

A few things i noticed
- The on paper weight of the SL, doesnt jive with how it feels. I rode a 18.4kg SL, but it doesnt feel that heavy. On the other hand, my Turbo is 20kg and it feels very much like a 20kg bike

- The exposed motor of the new SL has way superior heat venting...i have blown 2 motors, and HQ thinks its due to the heat and humidity (im on the equator)

2020-03-04 08.16.46.jpg

2018, 2019, 2020 SL

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
2018 Sworks
2019 Expert carbon

Had a sneak preview of the SL today (hasnt launched in my country yet) and im totally sold.

Its a game changer. A sub 19kg ebike that feels and rides like a manual. (easily sub 18kg with minor mods)

From the moment i got my first Levo in 2018, my only wish was that it could be 5kg lighter, the specialized engineers have been listening to the same feedback for years and have created the SL to fill the niche.

Smaller motor, smaller battery, shorter chainstay, this is the perfect ebike for my local trails. I dont need the 90nm of torque the regular levo churns out, also dun need the huge battery, so i been carrying around alot of deadweight

A few things i noticed
- The on paper weight of the SL, doesnt jive with how it feels. I rode a 18.4kg SL, but it doesnt feel that heavy. On the other hand, my Turbo is 20kg and it feels very much like a 20kg bike

- The exposed motor of the new SL has way superior heat venting...i have blown 2 motors, and HQ thinks its due to the heat and humidity (im on the equator)

View attachment 26963
2018, 2019, 2020 SL
I've only ridden one around the lot here in Seattle but hoping to try it on some trails. We don't get a lot of trail demo opportunities around here though....it really is an incredible bike though!!!!

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
In all honesty, why not just ride a regular mtb if you felt like the Levo had too big of a motor and too much battery? A regular mtb can easily be 3-5 kg lighter too.

I just dont see the need for the Levo SL. If I feel like riding a lighter mountain bike, then I just go and grab one of my regular bikes. No battery, no motor, all me. Still lots of fun too!

But to each their own. cheers!

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
In all honesty, why not just ride a regular mtb if you felt like the Levo had too big of a motor and too much battery? A regular mtb can easily be 3-5 kg lighter too.

I just dont see the need for the Levo SL. If I feel like riding a lighter mountain bike, then I just go and grab one of my regular bikes. No battery, no motor, all me. Still lots of fun too!

But to each their own. cheers!

I have both a manual (Yeti SB140) and a levo, i like both. I ride manuals on weekdays, and levo blast on weekends

i have 3 kids...and a levo allows me to have a fun morning on my bike...and not be dog tired the rest of the day so i can spend it with my kids.

On my weekday manuals...its all manuals...we ride hard, fast, try to get PRs. On sundays, its all ebikes, we ride x2 the distance, and have a blast uphill and downhill...its 2 very diffrent experience

Also..a SL means a 1 bike owner can use it to travel with his manual frens on overseas trips

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
So 1.5kg is a world of difference? My xc bike is 11kg lighter than my turbo and I still ride the turbo more.

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
2018 Sworks
2019 Expert carbon

A few things i noticed

View attachment 26963
2018, 2019, 2020 SL
2018 Levo still looks the best In that pic ?

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
So 1.5kg is a world of difference? My xc bike is 11kg lighter than my turbo and I still ride the turbo more.

to me it is. maybe not to others.

im faster on my manual on the downhills than my much heavier turbo. shouldnt compare a XC with a turbo, diffrent capability bike. Compare a full sus enduro bike with at least 150/150 suspension

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles