2.6 tyres and bike stand

TonyBalony

Jul 1, 2020
Netherlands
Just ordered the Rakk XL but my bike with 29x2.6 tires won’t stay put and easily falls over.

i have tried all setups with the rings and have found an okay setup, but it still fell down today (luckily I was still standing next to it).

which setup do you use?

I also have the Specialized one which is sturdy but not portable enough!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I bought one of these, and then used a car jack to bend the bars slightly wider. They will fit 2.3 tyres in without bending, but just need pushing apart by a few mm for 2.6 tyres. Its not portable though.

they do stands for different numbers of bikes

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
I use the Willworx Superstand (also a version for fat bikes available).
The 2.6" tires fit snugly and the bike stands solid.
(Front or rear wheel).

Commercial Grade Bike Stands & Bike Racks | WillWorx SuperStand 2.5"

Trance.JPG

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Bike stands are invariably more stable used on the front wheel rather than the back...especially heavy emits.

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
If you don't get on with the XLC holder, I have a few brand new Willworx stands to sell, I've sold out of the flat pack 3.25" ones but have the welded version (IMO far stronger and so simple, but just don't come in a nice box) or have the 2.5" that still hold a 2.6" but snug - this flat pack or the welded version. Plus I have the FatRack massive 4 to 5.25"!! Front or rear wheel entry. Super Solid.

IMG_7685.JPG

IMG_7687.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

AaronMc

Aug 12, 2020
UK
If you don't get on with the XLC holder, I have a few brand new Willworx stands to sell, I've sold out of the flat pack 3.25" ones but have the welded version (IMO far stronger and so simple, but just don't come in a nice box) or have the 2.5" that still hold a 2.6" but snug - this flat pack or the welded version. Plus I have the FatRack massive 4 to 5.25"!! Front or rear wheel entry. Super Solid.

View attachment 38658

View attachment 38659

View attachment 38660
How much for one of these mate?
Would a Turbo Levo SL 2.3 wheel be ok in it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles