1st post....3rd Eeeeb

DeeP

Mar 24, 2022
USA
I started in March of '21 with a Turbo Levo Comp Alloy. Put a Zeb 180mm and Super Deluxe Ultimate on it with Cascade Components link so was running approx 180mm front and 160mm rear. I am a grass is greener guy and convinced myself I just HAD to have a Orbea Rise....so got a coral blue M Team model with the Fox factory everything, Shimano XTR everything with the 4 pot brakes and don't regret it for one moment. I quickly sold off the Levo as I was always on the Rise. Buying a top spec model was a good choice as a Galfer 203mm front rotor, Ergon saddle, Tannus Tubeless inserts, and Magic Mary / Big Betty Super Trails are the only upgrades and I am super happy with it. The Rise has to be one of if not my most prized possession as is brings me so much joy. Just got back from an epic week riding it in Knoxville, TN.

Did I mention I am a grass is greener kind of fellow? While in TN I decided to sell my Stumpy EVO Expert in favor or a full blast eeeebb.. When home I found a 2022 Trek Rail 9.8 XT at a local NH dealer (tax free...woot woot) and pulled the trigger. I am hoping not overkill. I ride my bikes multiple times per week. I plan my weekends around my rides. I ride after work and sometimes on lunch. I never ride my Stumpy even tho it is a badass machine. It hasn't sold yet but I'm sure it will very soon.

Now I have two eeebs which I plan to use to offer a "first time is free" offer to friends who would never ever spend the loot before putting one through the paces. I have some instant buyer regret with the Trek. Tho, I have buyer regret anytime I purchase anything expensive that I don't "need". Time will tell. The Rise was a GREAT decision and I feel the Rail will be as well. Will report back after I get to put a few hundred miles on it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles