New member 1st emtb

Robin Brown

Sep 3, 2018
Durham
Just got this merida ebig trail

My first hard tail coming from full sus thinking about a suntour suspension seat post ?
Also are there any apps to use with the shimano steps e8000 as the basic shimano one is crap !
20180831_114954.jpg

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
If you're looking at suspension seatposts, maybe consider this one: ShockStop Seatpost: Add Suspension to Your Bike. I've ordered one off Kickstarter to try on my gravel bike - the only trouble is it's not actually out until November. But according to their stats it has better characteristics than existing suspension seatposts (including the Suntour one).

My EMTB also has Shimano E8000, but I don't use any app with it :) What are you looking to be able to do with it? I do use a Garmin Edge 1000 though for displaying a more accurate battery percentage - but I think that may only work as the bike has di2. (Or with E6100 / E7000 according to this: New Garmin Edge with Shimano Steps integration - EMTB Forums)

Robin Brown

Sep 3, 2018
Durham
Hi thanks i will check out that seat post
I have a mio cyclo510
But have seen the specialized companion app that looks very good and my wife has the bosch nyon which is fantastic with a large screen and shows heart rate calories ect
If you could get a remote for the e8000 display or if it would auto scroll that would be a improvement
Bit rubish having to constantly press the button on the display

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
Besides pointing out that above is not an app - these are generally specific to the battery or bike manufacturer - I've just seen a post from @R120 who's referred to the E6010 and - coming shortly - E7000 switches.

One of these will be on my wishlist!

Alex

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Robin

If you are after a suspension seat post i would look at the Can Creek Thudbuster - its a great piece of kit for smoothing out rough rides, my father in law has one.

However if you are going to be riding the bike on proper trails then i would have thought keeping the dropper post might be better?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Suspension seatposts can be useful on a commuter or gravel bike where you are seated most of the time, but are pretty much pointless on an MTB IMO. On any trail with terrain where rear suspension would be useful you will be standing, so a dropper is a better bet. Concentrate on finding a saddle that is really comfortable for you instead, or see if you can fit a wider tyre into your frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles