YT Decoy Elite...

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Hey guys, first post so go easy! I was just wondering if anyone who has ordered the new elite had received it or any news on its arrival time?

They were marked online as "available" from 19th August so i bought and paid the week before.

Other than an order confirmation I've had nothing from YT. I've sent several emails and was informed of a possible delay in the manufacturing. I was to be informed of the exact reason at the beginning of this week but have heard nothing despite further emails.

Anyone in the same boat??

New Commy's are being revealed tomorrow so I may be tempted to to jump ship :/

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I ordered 5 min after release, got an email this week that it was delayed until week 38. So just need to wait :-(

Good news that you got an update but real bad news about the delay. I'm assuming I'll be in the same boat and that they just forgot to email me.

If you hear of anything further then let me know. Thanks

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Just received news that my estimated assembly date is now week 42 - mid Oct.

Gutted.....

Dmh_875

May 10, 2020
straya
I'm interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on the elite. A couple of months ago this was definitely up there with the best for spec and general bike.

I've bounced around from about to pull the trigger on getting one and a lot of waiting around to see what other bikes came out with the ep8
That was mostly waiting on the commencal sx and the ekano
Both have been a bit disappointing
I think that if the sx came out with a fox option I would have jumped at it.
And I would have been alot more excited about the ekano if it had a new battery.

To me i think the suspension and sizing are a bigger deal than the motor but at the same time the elite has the perfect spec but your paying top price for now old motor..

The wait time for anything is all about the same
Or is it a better option to hold off mabea couple more months and wait to see if yt bring out the mytical 700 battery along with the ep8
The elite build with bigger battery and new tech is definitely a more future proof bike

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I'm interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on the elite. A couple of months ago this was definitely up there with the best for spec and general bike.

I've bounced around from about to pull the trigger on getting one and a lot of waiting around to see what other bikes came out with the ep8
That was mostly waiting on the commencal sx and the ekano
Both have been a bit disappointing
I think that if the sx came out with a fox option I would have jumped at it.
And I would have been alot more excited about the ekano if it had a new battery.

To me i think the suspension and sizing are a bigger deal than the motor but at the same time the elite has the perfect spec but your paying top price for now old motor..

The wait time for anything is all about the same
Or is it a better option to hold off mabea couple more months and wait to see if yt bring out the mytical 700 battery along with the ep8
The elite build with bigger battery and new tech is definitely a more future proof bike
This is why I ultimately cancelled my order. I'm not willing to wait a further six weeks with the possibility of further delays when there are bikes coming out now with the newer version motor.

The YT is beautiful and I'm really gutted but in my opinion, the service I received was not great and enough to make me go elsewhere. I did think about holding off completely and waiting for their new model launch but I'm kinda put off from them.

Whyte have the e180 which is Fox spec so I may have a nosey in that direction

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
I placed my order when they first became available. I just got mine on Tuesday. Putting ride wrap and gold chain on it as we speak. She's a beauty!

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
Lucky you! Looks fantastic! Where in the EU are you out of interest?
I'm in California. When we went to pick up in San Clemente,the warehouse was completely full of bikes. They were also loading multiple FedEx trailers with them, so hopefully some are coming your way as well.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I'm in California. When we went to pick up in San Clemente,the warehouse was completely full of bikes. They were also loading multiple FedEx trailers with them, so hopefully some are coming your way as well.
Well you're a lucky guy! If I said I wasn't jealous I'd be lying! Enjoy the bike and I'll sit patiently waiting meantime

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I'm in NorCal and thought about doing the same. I figured I'd wait for the new motor and likely order in the spring. How are you liking it so far?

ossiehere

May 30, 2020
East Sussex
This is why I ultimately cancelled my order. I'm not willing to wait a further six weeks with the possibility of further delays when there are bikes coming out now with the newer version motor.

The YT is beautiful and I'm really gutted but in my opinion, the service I received was not great and enough to make me go elsewhere. I did think about holding off completely and waiting for their new model launch but I'm kinda put off from them.

Whyte have the e180 which is Fox spec so I may have a nosey in that direction
Whytes are sold out of rs180 v2 allegedly.

yomoe

Jun 9, 2020
So Cal
I'm in NorCal and thought about doing the same. I figured I'd wait for the new motor and likely order in the spring. How are you liking it so far?
Just got done with the Ride Wrap. Its like 110 outside, so going to wait until it cools down a bit

Last edited:

Dmh_875

May 10, 2020
straya
With the current EP8 dilemma the elite is definitely back on the list. The importer has 2 in my size on the way due in October.
The price is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow with the old tech but the rest of the bike is good value.

I have been patiently waiting for about a year now for this new motor and bigger battery
I think I can easily live without the better motor but the battery is a bit of an issue

And given all other makes are looking at not shipping before December I guess with the demand yt are most likely going to be another couple months past that I just wanna go ride the damn ebike already (body is pretty ruined with injuries and definitely at a point where going out on any meaningful rides is often not possible on the anolog bikes)

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
With the current EP8 dilemma the elite is definitely back on the list. The importer has 2 in my size on the way due in October.
The price is a bit of a bitter pill to swallow with the old tech but the rest of the bike is good value.

I have been patiently waiting for about a year now for this new motor and bigger battery
I think I can easily live without the better motor but the battery is a bit of an issue

And given all other makes are looking at not shipping before December I guess with the demand yt are most likely going to be another couple months past that I just wanna go ride the damn ebike already (body is pretty ruined with injuries and definitely at a point where going out on any meaningful rides is often not possible on the anolog bikes)
I think we naturally and understandably always want the newest tech but we forget that the older Shimano motor is still decent and in my case will certainly do the job. I held of for the ep8 but really I don't think there was a need.

The decoy elite is such a good looking bike, I'd take the hit on the older motor as a compromise ??

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Life is short! I was going to wait another year to purchase a Decoy. Very glad I didn't. Been a total blast the last 7 months.

Dmh_875

May 10, 2020
straya
Sweet! Keep us posted with your delivery updates etc. What country are you based in?
Based in Aus.
Yt go through a distributor here and its what they get sent is what's available here with no chance of ordering more the big sizes there were 2 xxl comming in its the first time there have been this size available.
The first one sold yesterday so definitely pushed me to commit

The plan was to hold out to see what happens over the next month but there isnt any guarantee that they will have any xxl in the next order

Had a lot of thinking about it over the last few days and the decoy is what I kept comming back to so happy to have finally pulled the trigger now o can stop looking ?

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada
I’m pulling the trigger on one when the 2021 comes out. Gonna swap the air for a coil fox shock right away and maybe swap the 38s for fox 40 DH forks. Dh/enduro custom emtb ?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I think we're all interested to see what happens with the 2021 Decoy. YT usually announces new bikes Jan or Feb. Perhaps the EP8 motor issues will be fixed by then. I wouldn't be surprised to see a coil shock on one of the bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles