Yt decoy 29 - 3 days old and broke

Sam233

Jul 19, 2020
Germany
The website is still listing batteries as "In Stock".
In which country? I checked Germany, Uk and US

Ok... "in stock" but inside it says "COMING BACK SOON! " :D

... i hope i never get an issue with the Decoy ... maybe i should have bought a Levo SL

Last edited:

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man

... i hope i never get an issue with the Decoy ... maybe i should have bought a Levo SL
I really like YT bikes, but the moment they decided to use their own battery’s I looked elsewhere.
Hopefully YT agree to replace the battery and you back out riding soon ??

C2VNY

May 25, 2019
Glasgow
Gutted for you! I was considering getting a Decoy next but the customer service would annoy me?

Hope you get it back soon ?

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland

I looked on the main YT site (Europe?) which is the one I ordered my battery on and they are listed in stock and I can put it in the cart. I have no idea what you are looking at.

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
I looked on the main YT site (Europe?) which is the one I ordered my battery on and they are listed in stock and I can put it in the cart. I have no idea what you are looking at.
Decoy.jpg

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
681D345B-8285-46F4-90EF-8F587C650266.jpeg

starting to wish I’d bought one of these instead. I borrowed this Levo SL from a mate for a few days and absolutely loved it apart from it being way to big for me. A lot harder on the way up but rides like a normal bike coming down. My mates have had issues with their specialized bikes and have had batteries and other issues sorted the same day. I always thought they were over priced and under speced which they probably are but at least I wouldn’t be wasting yet another weekend with no bike

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
View attachment 42250
starting to wish I’d bought one of these instead. I borrowed this Levo SL from a mate for a few days and absolutely loved it apart from it being way to big for me. A lot harder on the way up but rides like a normal bike coming down. My mates have had issues with their specialized bikes and have had batteries and other issues sorted the same day. I always thought they were over priced and under speced which they probably are but at least I wouldn’t be wasting yet another weekend with no bike

Be aware though that with Specilized thats very dependent on having a good local dealer who will do that - plenty of members on here who have waited months for warranties with a Levo because they have had a crap dealer, but if you have access to a good one like Berkshire Cycles or RaceCo (in the UK) then they can turn it round quick.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
Honestly I think you should take them up on the refund offer and start the process...and get something you'll be happier with and that you can get serviced locally.
Be aware though that with Specilized thats very dependent on having a good local dealer who will do that - plenty of members on here who have waited months for warranties with a Levo because they have had a crap dealer, but if you have access to a good one like Berkshire Cycles or RaceCo (in the UK) then they can turn it round quick.
We have Don Skenes in Cardiff and they have a good reputation and I know a lot of people that have had issues fixed the same day. They keep motors and batteries in Stock. The problem is I really like the YT. I only rode it on 2 short rides but once it gets a new battery I think I will love it.

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
I feel for u dude I really do but be patient.

My mate took his specialized enduro in to trezds to have the rear shock sorted under warranty as it died they took nearly 3months to get it done as apparently there was no stock, he kept phoning as they did not contact him once with updates. Even when the bike was done he had no contact off them until he call them for update. He asked why can’t they just take 1 off another bike they just gave him a f**k off pill.

The grass is not always greener
Imop spesialized bikes are way overpriced but that’s just me

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
The battery systems on the bike are quite complex and they would need to ensure there was not some other issue that was impacting the battery or causing it to fail.

as you saw with a small battery in a Samsung phone these things can be dangerous.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
The battery systems on the bike are quite complex and they would need to ensure there was not some other issue that was impacting the battery or causing it to fail.

as you saw with a small battery in a Samsung phone these things can be dangerous.
I get that but the bike worked fine with another battery so there can't be any other issues. Unless i'm missing something. Also that battery needs replacing regardless of any other issues that may or may not exist.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
I feel for u dude I really do but be patient.

My mate took his specialized enduro in to trezds to have the rear shock sorted under warranty as it died they took nearly 3months to get it done as apparently there was no stock, he kept phoning as they did not contact him once with updates. Even when the bike was done he had no contact off them until he call them for update. He asked why can’t they just take 1 off another bike they just gave him a f**k off pill.

The grass is not always greener
Imop spesialized bikes are way overpriced but that’s just me
I agree with you 100% mate and I would much rather the YT over an overpriced Specialized. Guess im just getting frustrated as I paid for the bike in August and apart for 2 short test rides I haven't ridden it. The nights are drawing in and the weather on the change. Im just desperate to get out on it.

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
Cant understand why it takes so long for them to decide to switch out a battery. Its not good really
I suspect they are waiting on a delivery of batteries. I have ordered a spare and been told it will come via the Mill in the UK and have not received it yet. I wonder if I got the last spare they had ?

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
I suspect they are waiting on a delivery of batteries. I have ordered a spare and been told it will come via the Mill in the UK and have not received it yet. I wonder if I got the last spare they had ?
Are the batteries in stock on the website yet then ? I think they must be waiting for more but still doesn't stop them from pushing new bikes out

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Yt have now replaced the battery under warranty and I’ll get the bike back tomorrow. Didn’t take long in the end so hopefully the mill will make a difference to people in the UK. I did kick up a bit of fuss but In fairness the manager there was very helpful and got it sorted quickly in the end

Good news bro..Enjoy the bike, it's a banger!!

My read on them is they are totally there to help and any delays are process, not anyone stalling...

Glad it got sorted for you in a decent timeframe..

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
Good news bro..Enjoy the bike, it's a banger!!

My read on them is they are totally there to help and any delays are process, not anyone stalling...

Glad it got sorted for you in a decent timeframe..
No I agree mate. I just got a little frustrated because of the initial wait and the fact I had a problem with in the first few days and I just wanted to ride. It wasn't the guys at the mill's fault for sure and i'm sure they had protocols they needed to go through. At least its back now (arrived this morning) and I can fit my new Fox 38's and get out on the weekend.

Are you the guy that does the filming for Rob's channel?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
No I agree mate. I just got a little frustrated because of the initial wait and the fact I had a problem with in the first few days and I just wanted to ride. It wasn't the guys at the mill's fault for sure and i'm sure they had protocols they needed to go through. At least its back now (arrived this morning) and I can fit my new Fox 38's and get out on the weekend.

Are you the guy that does the filming for Rob's channel?

Yeh mate, that's me :)

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
I’m glad to here u got it sorted dude. I’m sure u will enjoy it
I made that foam gasket like you and it works a treat. No gap between battery and frame now and it should help with vibration. Top tip. Rode smilog Saturday and Sunday and loved the bike. Mega ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles