Levo Gen 2 x-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost Wintek Cartridge

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
Does anyone know were I can buy a replacement cartridge for the X-Fusion Manic dropper seat post (150mm) Its a Wintek cartridge that's used in quite a few seatposts. I found that Upgradebikes will service them (and presumably replace a broken cartridge) but they won't sell me a cartridge. Very strange.

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
I tried to find one in stock online for six months and couldn’t find one. I gave up and got a new post. If you find them somewhere post it up

I can't even find a Wintek website, I've tried to contact X-Fusion to find a UK supplier with no response so far. I have got a secondhand post but would like to repair the one i have as they don't appear to be very reliable.

The advice appears to be to replace the cartridge every year but if you can't find any for sale then what's the point.. Unless they want you to send it off for service. There's not a lot inside to service, only the cartridge.

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora
Hi folks, probably a bit late to this conversation but about a month after buying a second hand Xfusion manic 150mm dropper seat post it started to play up, it wouldn't go up properly, i stripped it down to discover it was full of gunk...i cleaned and put back together, worked a treat for about a month and stripped down and it was the same again, inspected the cartridge and it wasn't working right and leaking oil.looked on the internet to see if i could get a replacement easy but no. i spoke to a guy at Xfusion and there was 2 places in Europe where you could get the part one in England and one in German. After getting in touch with the company in England who deal with Xfusion stuff and servicing they told me i had to send the dropper to them,i sent back to say i only needed the cartridge but they said no , i had to send the dropper to them, he also said that the company in Germany would probably be the same about this. After looking about on the net to find a similar looking cartridge i found this

GiantContact&ContactSSwitchDropperSeatpostReplacementCartridge(15000007)-440mm|#0.00#|PartCode:150000077 £34.99 1 £34.99

Bought it from the cyclestore.co.uk and it fits perfect and works the same as the original there is a slight difference in length on the thread at the part where the seat goes that is fixed to the post with a locking nut, i put thread lock on this part and all working fine.

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
Hi folks, probably a bit late to this conversation but about a month after buying a second hand Xfusion manic 150mm dropper seat post it started to play up, it wouldn't go up properly, i stripped it down to discover it was full of gunk...i cleaned and put back together, worked a treat for about a month and stripped down and it was the same again, inspected the cartridge and it wasn't working right and leaking oil.looked on the internet to see if i could get a replacement easy but no. i spoke to a guy at Xfusion and there was 2 places in Europe where you could get the part one in England and one in German. After getting in touch with the company in England who deal with Xfusion stuff and servicing they told me i had to send the dropper to them,i sent back to say i only needed the cartridge but they said no , i had to send the dropper to them, he also said that the company in Germany would probably be the same about this. After looking about on the net to find a similar looking cartridge i found this

GiantContact&ContactSSwitchDropperSeatpostReplacementCartridge(15000007)-440mm|#0.00#|PartCode:150000077 £34.99 1 £34.99

Bought it from the cyclestore.co.uk and it fits perfect and works the same as the original there is a slight difference in length on the thread at the part where the seat goes that is fixed to the post with a locking nut, i put thread lock on this part and all working fine.

That's excellent news, looks like you had the same problem as me trying to get a spare cartridge. The link you gave is for the 440mm seat post, I'm assuming that's the seat post length and not the cartridge length.. I've cross checked that with the Xfusion website and it looks correct. I had quite a search around and could find similar ones but could never be sure as the pictures on the websites weren't always clear enough to work out the fixings.

Off to order one now..

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora
That's excellent news, looks like you had the same problem as me trying to get a spare cartridge. The link you gave is for the 440mm seat post, I'm assuming that's the seat post length and not the cartridge length.. I've cross checked that with the Xfusion website and it looks correct. I had quite a search around and could find similar ones but could never be sure as the pictures on the websites weren't always clear enough to work out the fixings.

Off to order one now..

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora

Off to order one now..
Thats great news,i couldn't tell you about the size 440mm, if you order from the link i quoted it should be the right one, i'll try and get a photo of the two cartridges side by side as i took a photo prior to fitting the new cartridge.

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora
_20210131_232142.JPG
_20210131_232241.JPG

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
Its not too bad, if you haven't got some of the tools they use you'll have to be a bit inventive. Search YouTube, there's a few videos on there.

Weds

Aug 9, 2019
Kent
Cartridge fitted and seat post all back together, the only difference between the 2 cartridges appears to be the length of the threaded section that fits into the seat bracket, the original threaded end has a Allen key hole the new one a slot, it makes no difference as you can tighten the nut without any problems..

Good find Brorboyan

vramos

Apr 11, 2021
Vancouver
any idea on where to get keyway replacements? the dealership near me won't sell them without paying for the service as well.

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Sorry to dig old thread up

My xfusion has developed a problem where it won’t stay down if I let go of the lever it springs back up
But if let go of the lever and leave weight on seat when the dropper is in the down position for a few secs it stays down and functions as it should

But I have a feeling that it will fail completely over the next few weeks

So I have a 150mm dropper do I need the 440m cartridge
As wiggle have them in stock at £30 but there’s 4 versions so would need to choose correct one and their from there brand x range

Thanks

Edit don’t think the wiggle ones are compatible upon a better look ?

Last edited:

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora

My xfusion has developed a problem where it won’t stay down if I let go of the lever it springs back up
But if let go of the lever and leave weight on seat when the dropper is in the down position for a few secs it stays down and functions as it should

As wiggle have them in stock at £30 but there’s 4 versions so would need to choose correct one and their from there brand x range

Thanks

No worries about digging up an old thread....Its the 150mm version i have, heres where i got it from. GiantContact&ContactSSwitchDropperSeatpostReplacementCartridge(15000007)-440mm|#0.00#|PartCode:150000077 £34.99 1 £34.99

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
No worries about digging up an old thread....Its the 150mm version i have, heres where i got it from. GiantContact&ContactSSwitchDropperSeatpostReplacementCartridge(15000007)-440mm|#0.00#|PartCode:150000077 £34.99 1 £34.99

Thanks had look last night but they didn’t have the one that I needed unless I just plainly missed it haha ?
Upon slightly bett3r look at the brand X ones I’m sure there the same just has a bolt on the thinner of the 2 threaded ends which can be removed

Brorboyan

Jan 30, 2021
brora
Thanks had look last night but they didn’t have the one that I needed unless I just plainly missed it haha ?
Upon slightly bett3r look at the brand X ones I’m sure there the same just has a bolt on the thinner of the 2 threaded ends which can be removed
brandx dosen't have that version, the brand x version i had you used with your shock pump to adjust the pressure of the seat coming back up(this was a bandx dropper i had on another bike)....i've been there but not got the tshirt with regards to ordering from chairreaction on the cartridge 3 times i've ordered to try and get that cartridge, best to get direct from giant suppliers if you can't get it anwhere eles and if you can don't say a word about it being a manic dropper as they'll say it won't fit!! ;)

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
brandx dosen't have that version, the brand x version i had you used with your shock pump to adjust the pressure of the seat coming back up(this was a bandx dropper i had on another bike)....i've been there but not got the tshirt with regards to ordering from chairreaction on the cartridge 3 times i've ordered to try and get that cartridge, best to get direct from giant suppliers if you can't get it anwhere eles and if you can don't say a word about it being a manic dropper as they'll say it won't fit!! ;)

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be any 440mm anywhere in stock
I can still use it just have to either let it fully up and leave it for 10 secs and it stays put and the same for in the down position just sit on it for 5secs or so and it stays down. Not perfect but usable

Off to Dalbeattie and Mabie 3 weeks today for. A few days so wouldn’t mind it sorted by then
Really like this dropper as well

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK

Thanks

Have you checked the torque on the seatpost. Needs 6nm. Any more or less it will either move around or not stay down. Torque needs to be exact. Also check you arent fouling the cable by pushing it too far down into the frame.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Have you checked the torque on the seatpost. Needs 6nm. Any more or less it will either move around or not stay down. Torque needs to be exact. Also check you arent fouling the cable by pushing it too far down into the frame.

It started doing it without any changes in any setup mid ride

I tightened the cable as it was slack ie from the seatpost end made no difference
But just torqued to 6nm and it is slightly better but still rises on its own but not as far and locks out faster now
Still have to hold seat in position first though
Ultimately though the cartridge is just slowly failing

Reactions: EME

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles