X-Fusion Manic seatpost maintenance

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
I took delivery of my 2019 Levo back in November and rode it most weekends over the winter. As a result it was subjected to most of what mother nature had to throw at it. This is the first time I've owned a bike with a dropper post, is there anything that I should be doing to maintain the X-Fusion Manic post? Does it need any regular TLC?

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I have had mine since Oct , dropper post has been caked every ride through winter , I just clean after every ride , wipe off seals , spray the whole thing with GT 85 , up and down it a couple of times and touch wood it’s still good as new

BigFoot

Jan 9, 2019
Bethesda, Maryland USA
X-Fusion Manic seatpost Sticks in cold weather?
Is there a spring adjustment or an adjustment to speed up return?

It works slow inside but outside in the winter it stuck down.

Any one know of a solution ?

Nov 19, 2018
Quantocks
X-Fusion Manic seatpost Sticks in cold weather?
Is there a spring adjustment or an adjustment to speed up return?

It works slow inside but outside in the winter it stuck down.

Any one know of a solution ?
I put a drop of lube around the join every now and again and it makes a huge difference.

Fire_2

May 11, 2019
Kent
Striped mine down the other day really easy tbh and sprayed it all clean with wd40 type cleaner works silky smooth now

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
X-Fusion manual advises cleaning the top seal every month. Pretty simple 5 min job. Undo the collar (mine was really tight so I used a plumbers type wrench with inner tube to protect it), slide it up, clean under the collar, there is an o-ring so dig that out as well. Smear some SRAM Butter on top of the outer tube, do it all up, cycle it a few times and your good to go. Also clean and some Juice Lubes Suspension stuff after every ride.

Last edited:

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
X-Fusion manual advises cleaning the top seal every month. Pretty simple 5 min job. Undo the collar (mine was really tight so I used a plumbers type wrench with inner tube to protect it), slide it up, clean under the collar, there is an o-ring so dig that out as well. Smear some SRAM Butter on top of the outer tube, do it all up, cycle it a few times and your good to go. Also clean and some Juice Lubes Suspension stuff after every ride.
Hi @KennyB Did you have to release the pressure to remove the collar and o ring?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Be aware, my post developed a huge amount of play, rotational, side to side and fore and aft, and creaked - so back to X Fusion. They repaired it but accused me of tinkering and declared the warranty void.

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
Be aware, my post developed a huge amount of play, rotational, side to side and fore and aft, and creaked - so back to X Fusion. They repaired it but accused me of tinkering and declared the warranty void.
Says in the manual to clean and lube under the collar every month . Surly they don’t expect us to take it to the shop for that doing. I’d argue over that.
ps. Done mine this morning and feels much smoother. It had started to be reluctant to drop and also wasn’t fully extending if it was only dropped a couple of inches. I was having to drop it all the way to get it to fully extend. No problem now and like you said a five minute job. I’ll be doing that little service every couple of months now.

Last edited:

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
Tried every trick to undo collar, including J clip, even some gentle heat from the blowtorch, with no luck. I had a One up before this. Much better post, IMHO.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
Took mine out to service it (total crap post imho as it's not worked from day one)....... broke the lever mechanism on the base. Plastic would you believe!? End of plans.

Quickly decided a 180 one up was the only sensible solution. Mines now in the box of shame with all other rubbish and broken toys. But for anyone unfortunate enough to own the x-fusion, they now have a full service video on their website.

I posted this somewhere before but if you're struggling to release the top collar, leave it clamped in the bike and use a jubilee clip with a bit of inner tube underneath to provide protection and then use a pump wrench on it. I was at the point of thinking it was going to break when it finally released. I'd guess it was around 40nm which is around crank tight!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles