whyte e180 rs

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
That would be awesome if it could be arranged. Just takes away that bit of range anxiety. It'll be an early start for me, at least it wouldn't be getting dropped off late.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
So LBS are very impossible to contact and i need a working bike 100% for the end of the month. What i did not definitely do was cave in to the magpie part of the brain and buy a fox transfer dropper to replace the broken one. :ROFLMAO:

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Filth ?

IMG_20210513_205358.jpg

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
So..... almost 8 weeks on from the crash at bike park wales i'm back riding local flat trails/bridleways (and sherwood pines blue). Back to work next week.

New drivetrain in. 10-50T down from the 52T. I had the PG-1230 and shimano freehub ready to go but someone with the lower spec had ordered the XG-1275 by mistake so i did a swap to get them back on the road. So next drivetrain might end up being shimano HG based.

Suspension serviced, turns out i abused the bike a lot more than i thought in 7 months as the rear shock seal had gone. Got it back and reset all the settings to the softer side of the fox recommended settings for my weight. This was no doubt a contributing factor to the bike feeling 'off' during my trip to wales and really i should have noticed it before i went. I should also remove a volume spacer on the fork as i'm not getting near full travel with the recommended pressure. To say sorry to the suspension i treated the scarred front fork to some new decals and added a matching rear shock one.

Time not riding also lead to me refining the cockpit and rolling the bars a bit further forward/up and adjusting the brake lever angle to try and reduce arm pump.

Honestly the bike feels better than ever. I am hoping to get back to bike park wales first weekend of september with the rest of the crew who i was with last time but if i do make it there there's no way in hell i'm going to be sending any big jumps, but i have a pedal pass to use up. :D I think for the next 6 months or so i'm going to try and just stick to more XC and more natural downhill trails to make the most of the bike without risking too much more time off work :D

What would i consider doing next? Probably replace the cosmetically damaged purion with the kiox and swap the pedals for something like the dmr vault and get a cushcore insert for the rear.

Now some gratuitous pictures with crap backgrounds.

1626988804607.png

1626988978891.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Glad to hear you are well on the mend ...and hopefully in time you get back to the type of riding that you want to do .
Personally I've never wanted to do big jumps or bike park type riding ..probably because I went self employed shortly after I got my first mountain bike ..and very quickly realised that with a fledgeling business any time spent injured would be quite devastating to my bank balance ☺..
Nothing really has changed in the intervening 24 years ..Ive still got one eye on risk v bank balance ..should I sustain a serious injury ..but sometimes that just goes out of the window when the stars align on a decent descent ?
Great news that you are back on the bike ..its looking real good ..take it easy !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles