Where is the Trek love?

Julio

Dec 21, 2018
New Zealand
I am really loving my Powerfly LT 7. I think it is great bang for your buck. On sale it was only $400NZ more than the FS 7 and for that I got Yari forks, longer rear shock, and Deore (MT520) 4 pot brakes. Some reviewers prefer the shorter chain stays of the Merida e160 or the Turbo Levo, but man can the Powerfly climb steep stuff and it is really stable coming back down. I am also glad I bought Bosch, after reading about issues people are having with Brose motors being packed with crud.

So... show us your Trek love!

Standingwaves

Nov 24, 2018
USA
2019 9.7 LT. Zero issues.
I have ridden uphill on the steepest of terrain. Absolute blast
Lately we have been doing "Adventure Touring". Going out for +20miles at a time.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Being Bosch based I think a lot of people now don't consider Trek - rightly or wrongly they are seen to have a number of disadvantages, most obviously a heavy motor that compromises the geo compared to Brose or Shimano, and they and have more resistance above the assistance limit. However here is no doubt Bosch are reliable, well engineered motors. I would definitely consider one at the right price, but I suspect if they adopt the new Bosch motor rumoured for later in 2019 prices will be up near the Levo.

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Test rode a Trek Powerfly 7 early 2018, decent looking, well handling and responsive bike but couldn't come to terms with the noisy whirring motor, the noticeable drag when motor off (for test purposes) and also the unreliable placing of the wheel magnet on the spokes which moved a few times and rubbed during the 3 hour ride. No such issues with the subsequent 2018 Levo purchase. I'm sure they will be back soon with more improvements and prompting Specialized and others to up their game again...

Standingwaves

Nov 24, 2018
USA
Test rode a Trek Powerfly 7 early 2018, decent looking, well handling and responsive bike but couldn't come to terms with the noisy whirring motor, the noticeable drag when motor off (for test purposes) and also the unreliable placing of the wheel magnet on the spokes which moved a few times and rubbed during the 3 hour ride. No such issues with the subsequent 2018 Levo purchase. I'm sure they will be back soon with more improvements and prompting Specialized and others to up their game again...
Indeed. The 2019 9.9 and 9.7 OCLV carbon are very different, and the ride is amazing.
Not as quiet as brose but better power delivery than the Levo is what I experienced.

Last edited:

TriciaPug

Sep 17, 2020
Reno
Well, since my username on another web site stands for Epic Trek Chick, I guess I'm a Trek fan-girl.
I've always seemed to fit well on some version of a Trek or another since I started riding nearly 20 years ago. I took a little diversion to a Cannondale three years ago and was pretty happy, but my second Cannondale (Habit Neo 2) was a big fitting disappointment. I struggled all summer 2020 trying to make it work. Sold it at the end of the season and set myself on a quest to find my next bike.
I found a Trek E-Caliber 9.6 and quickly fell in love with the fit.
This is a 40 lb e-bike that is nimble, quick and fun.

5DA64337-8420-41E3-A872-FB55CF97C64D.JPG

Last edited:

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
My 2021 RAIL 9.7 has me climbing things i never would have tried and and descending faster than i could have on my 29 Lb Fuel EX 9.7. love this thing. Its cheating for sure, but i can keep up with my son and all his 40 something friends on their various KOM quests.
20210514_072343.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles