What good films you seen recently?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I haven't watched TV for over 4 years. No idea what is happening in the world or on celebrity bollocks, don't care. But do watch movies. Like music they're personal, but we can have a chat about them Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was good, I'll start with this...

A star is born.
IMDb 8.1

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
No TV for me either for years now. These days with Netflix and Amazon Prime I hardly ever go to the theatre either. But if you have Amazon Prime and get into it, Outrageous Fortune, while not a movie but a series, will keep you entertained for quite awhile. At least it did me.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Only started watching TV again (after about 10 years not bothering) in the last 6 months or so. But even now mainly just watch dating shows as I love people watching/interaction (but not really "celeb" reality shows). Still don't pay attn to any news media (online, TV or print)

Do you have Netflix?
Some good films i've watched on Netflix in the last month or two (in no particular order of genre or rank )

SPLIT

CARGO

A fond kiss

Birdbox

Lion

The Bad Batch

I don’t feel at home in this world anymore

Good time

I also go to the cinema a fair bit with my middle daughter or GF.
Last film we saw was Glass. (It was ok but for the full story you preferably need to have watched the prequels SPLIT and "unbreakable" first). IMO SPLIT is the best of the three. which is why we went.
before that "the Upside" which was brilliant!

Last edited:

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I haven't watched TV for over 4 years. No idea what is happening in the world or on celebrity bollocks, don't care. But do watch movies. Like music they're personal, but we can have a chat about them Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was good, I'll start with this...

A star is born.
IMDb 8.1
A star is born is a very good movie. I also really liked bohemian rapsody.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

A star is born.
IMDb 8.1
A star is born is a very good movie. I also really liked bohemian rapsody.
Yeah I've Heard that's good. I'm not a queen fan would I still like it or just let the other half who likes queen watch it?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Only started watching TV again (after about 10 years not bothering) in the last 6 months or so. But even now mainly just watch dating shows as I love people watching/interaction (but not really "celeb" reality shows). Still don't pay attn to any news media (online, TV or print)

Do you have Netflix?
Some good films i've watched on Netflix in the last month or two (in no particular order of genre or rank )

SPLIT

CARGO

A fond kiss

Birdbox

Lion

The Bad Batch

I don’t feel at home in this world anymore

Good time

I also go to the cinema a fair bit with my middle daughter or GF.
Last film we saw was Glass. (It was ok but for the full story you preferably need to have watched the prequels SPLIT and "unbreakable" first). IMO SPLIT is the best of the three. which is why we went.
before that "the Upside" which was brilliant!
The other half has probably watched all of Netflix lol. That's all she does...

I'll look up some of those movies later. Yeah seen split, it was good.

We used to watch 4 or 5 movies a week. Now a movie takes 4 or 5 days to complete. Get in from dog walking or coaching. Have lunch start watching and my nanny nap takes over.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Netflix Black Mirror multiple seasons - the latest episode Bandersnatch is hard work but excellent as it’s interactive like the 80s adventure books.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I am also not a queen fan, but the movie really works in terms of Mercurys personality and the way the music is presented. I recommend even for non queen fans...
I concur. We went to the cinema to watch this as it looked like too big a spectacle for my 55" TV to do it justice and I'm very glad we did. I just wish we'd gone sooner as my local dropped it the day after we went.

Oohmyknees

Oct 2, 2018
Dorset
Anyone seen Sicario and its recent sequel? Both great, atmospheric thrillers but the first one with Emily Blunt is gripping (though slow-paced to some maybe). Serious stuff, no one liners, but perfectly executed story and soundtrack. Sicario 2 is not half as good, but still very watchable.

In contrast, if you haven't already, try 21 & 22 Jump Street for smiles. Normally not a fan of this type of thing but they are both equally brilliant action comedies (y)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Anyone seen Sicario and its recent sequel? Both great, atmospheric thrillers but the first one with Emily Blunt is gripping (though slow-paced to some maybe). Serious stuff, no one liners, but perfectly executed story and soundtrack. Sicario 2 is not half as good, but still very watchable.

In contrast, if you haven't already, try 21 & 22 Jump Street for smiles. Normally not a fan of this type of thing but they are both equally brilliant action comedies (y)
Sicario is brilliant. And I agree with your comments on #2.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I'll have a look through my Plex to see what I've seen recently. Another one that was, well, different but watchable....

Bad times at the El Royale
IMDb 7.2

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Ok, I'm gonna give this a little twist for my choice.
It''s not a movie as such, but to me this was one of the best movie type expreinces i've had for a while.
Im going for Detroit become Human. streamed live on twitch by CohhCarnage.
Yes its a video game but its more a interactive movie than a game, it also seems strange to some to just watch someone else playing a game, but its more interesting than it sounds.
the full playthrough/movie can be found on youtube

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Loads of good stuff on telly, I recommend, celebrity love island, naked attraction, Big brother and Keeping up with the Kardashian's
Oh and not to forget Danny Dyer's new show, very informative ?

martinf

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton

Not a great fan of Sicario, but Taylor Sheridan’s (the writer) other 2 films; Hell and High Water (Jeff Bridges, Chris Pine), and Wind River (Jeremy Renner, Elisabeth Olsen), which he also directed, are very good.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Watched...

Beautiful Boy the other day. That was good.
IMDb 7.3

Really good actually, especially if you're a parent.

Started Bohemian rhapsody today, so will finish that mid next week lol.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Btw these movies with the same actress are also good: Molly’s game and miss Sloane.
Molly's game was good. Not seen the other one.

Finished Bohemian rhapsody today. Yep, very good too. My partner who loves Queen said it's her all time favourite film and wanted to watch it again as soon as it finished.

Watching "searching" now. Hangover day

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles