What backpack for 2nd 625wh battery?

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
I put 3.5kg of tinned soup in my decent backpack, together with everything else I would need for the 90 mile ride that would allow.
Decided it wasn't for me.
Battery-backpacks have wide hip straps - as with hiking backpacks. These shift the weight from your shoulders to your hips - which makes a HUGE difference. Bee riding with 4,5 - 5kg (battery + bladder + tools) without being too hampered by weight.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I use the uswe patriot 15 backpack and am very happy, it fits really well with their 4-point system and does not get hot to wear in the summer. it also has a built-in back guard and fluid bladder

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
I use Evoc E-RIDE pack for my 625 bosch battery.

Don't really notice the weight that much, I take spare pretty much every ride, "just in case"

Forget the model actually, might not be called E-RIDE. Trail ride?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
How far are you planning on riding in a day? And how much of the time are you riding with power? By riding a mixture of terrains, and turning the bike on and off, I can get over 120 miles out of a single charge.

Even if you did half of that, assuming you’re riding off road under some sort of power, at a slower average speed, you’ve still got enough to last a good 6-8 hours.

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
How far are you planning on riding in a day? And how much of the time are you riding with power? By riding a mixture of terrains, and turning the bike on and off, I can get over 120 miles out of a single charge.

Even if you did half of that, assuming you’re riding off road under some sort of power, at a slower average speed, you’ve still got enough to last a good 6-8 hours.
I am planning along with a few mates to travel the length of Wales from south to north and back with either just back packs or a bob ibex to carry the bits and bobs needed to keep warm even in the summer.
By the way in Wales summer is on a Tuesday this year after 2pm LOL.

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading

What bike/battery do you have?

manueloFRCR

Dec 29, 2020
Czech Republic
I use Camelbak KUDU 30 and I am very satisfied about it. I have it for one year now. I have second battery however I use older battery. I will put the battery of my wife's bike inside ( Giant E trance Pro which are very long internal batteries) I will post it afterward. To check if it can be OK for 625wh internal batteries.
Beside that, I find this KUDU very practical (3 liter bladder) plenty of space. This bag is quite good also for pedestrian / trekking. It is sold with a roll-up tool sleeve (good stuff). The photos I took from internet I will post mine later.
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.12.00.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.11.04.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.10.04.png Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 09.09.04.png

manueloFRCR

Dec 29, 2020
Czech Republic

Here are my photos :)

So here you can see the difference in size of battery between 625wh and older types (500ish).
I put pictures of the backpack carrying a 625wh battery.
I like this bag for 5 reasons
A- it has large suspensions for shoulder, and the belt strap is specific anchoring the backpack onto you very well.
B- You can store plenty of material inside even OK for a full several day bike trip. I did it :).
C- The price is good compared to other brands (check Bike discount)
D- Very resistant material, my bag is like new and I do not care specially for it.
5- There is an armour to protect your back, it is very good quality.

On the downside, as you can see on my photo the battery pocket of the backpack is short compared to the 625wh battery. You would need to add an extra strap to prevent it from jumping up and down. With my shimano batteries, they fit inside the closed pocket of the backpack.

One thing is good to reflect on, there is a paradox with bags. After some time they are always too big or too small. But whatever you choose focus that you want to carry a second battery, it is heavy. If you want comfort while carrying heavy stuff you need well structured bag. They will never be small.

for the price quality and function it is a no brainer.
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.39.35.png Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.39.17.png Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.39.05.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.38.54.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.38.37.png
IMG_20210121_194642.jpg

Last edited:

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I use the EVOC ebike. It was expensive but it comes with a proper back protector and I take it every ride. I am a mountain guide and have used many different types of backpack and the EVOC is one of the best made and most comfortable I’ve used. With just tools I don’t notice it. When carrying a spare 500 battery it feels pretty heavy but once on the bike I don’t really notice the weight much. I had to modify mine slightly to take my Specialized battery. The newer batteries are a bit longer but Rob posted a video to show he could fit one of these in by not using the battery pocket but putting it diagonally across the pack. Do you need a 625 spare battery? A 500 spare would be cheaper, smaller and lighter and would still give you 1125 - enough for pretty much any day ride. Alternatively, take a charger and recharge in a cafe over lunch.

manueloFRCR

Dec 29, 2020
Czech Republic
I use the EVOC ebike. It was expensive but it comes with a proper back protector and I take it every ride. I am a mountain guide and have used many different types of backpack and the EVOC is one of the best made and most comfortable I’ve used. With just tools I don’t notice it. When carrying a spare 500 battery it feels pretty heavy but once on the bike I don’t really notice the weight much. I had to modify mine slightly to take my Specialized battery. The newer batteries are a bit longer but Rob posted a video to show he could fit one of these in by not using the battery pocket but putting it diagonally across the pack. Do you need a 625 spare battery? A 500 spare would be cheaper, smaller and lighter and would still give you 1125 - enough for pretty much any day ride. Alternatively, take a charger and recharge in a cafe over lunch.
can you put some photos ?

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Makes one wonder why you'd even have an EMTB...

manueloFRCR

Dec 29, 2020
Czech Republic
Makes one wonder why you'd even have an EMTB...
I am heavyweight over 110kg... I did 93km with one battery 90% full. To answer, I bought an E-bike to make some sport, and even more importantly enjoy going out and look the countryside. I lost something like 10kg since I started. I decided to buy a second battery because I noticed that I masochistically go to push myself, I had once to finish a ride with the last 20km exhausted and no battery :) It is quite hilly around here... I said to myself no more. The older I get the more I want to enjoy and less bother myself :)

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I would like a smaller battery to carry . Maybe a 400wh would be great , I couldn’t imagine being able to run 2 large out . batteries in one ride
not sure what’s available for Bosch / trek

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles