2nd Battery for Bosch CX performance and battery alignment

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I am thinking about getting another battery for my Scott Ransom Bosch ebike. On bike trips one battery doesnt quite cut it for full day of riding and I am having to cut my days short on account of dead battery.

Have people have good success with swapping batteries on these Bosch bikes regularly. I am wondering about this since the battery alignment issue is a bit of a faff on these systems and I know this since the LBS had to realign my battery mounts shortly after I got the bike. The battery is well aligned now but I am wondering if swapping batteries periodically is problematic with the finicky mounting system or if it has been a nonissue for folks doing this?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've done this with my orbea wild fs, it originally came with a 625wh power tube battery, and I bought an additional 500wh power tube with a spacer to make it the same size as the 625wh.

It works fine, swapping between them as required.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Haven't had an alignment problem with my eGenius.
When I got it the cover would slide a little so I removed all of the bolts andput some loctite on them. Also had the lock come loose after close to a year so out came the loctite again. Am a bit pissed these bolts weren't loctited from the factory though.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Haven't had an alignment problem with my eGenius.
When I got it the cover would slide a little so I removed all of the bolts andput some loctite on them. Also had the lock come loose after close to a year so out came the loctite again. Am a bit pissed these bolts weren't loctited from the factory though.

did u get a second battery for your bike?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles