Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
You U.K. riders are gonna hate me. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area it’s been gorgeous the last few weeks. Rode in the Santa Cruz mountains today and it was sunny 62 degrees F or 17 C. :cool:

On the downside it’s looking like a major drought year with extreme fire conditions. :(

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Driest February ever recorded in California!! Total shut in February, normally our wettest month.

Reactions: Dax

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Rise and shine girls, it’s lovely outside. Who’s coming for a ride?

image.jpg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I remember seeing the first bit of winter mud, seems like years ago now, and thinking that this would be good to play in. The novelty soon wears off. It’s not so bad if you can actually see the mud, but not when it’s underneath 6 inches of water.
I did have a surreal moment when I got a round of applause from a group of walkers after I rode through a quagmire in a local wood, at less than walking pace, back wheel spinning with every pedal stroke, travelling sideways more than forwards, without falling off.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
conditions horrendous in kent. Not doing my bike much good with this punishing water/mud.

went to bedgebury yesterday. The trails have turned into streams, the berms into puddles and there are lakes of water where there shouldn't be lakes o_O

when I get back, all my clothes are trashed, bike covered, inside of the car covered. I then have to clean /dry everything, adjust all the gears etc on the levo (right PITA), ready for next time.

Bloody hard work this winter riding. Lets hope spring/summer makes up for it :) I'm planning on learning my way round surrey hills.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Rise and shine girls, it’s lovely outside. Who’s coming for a ride? ......

After a miserable, cold, wet and windy yesterday, the weather that greeted me this morning was a shock! Sunshine, blue sky a few fluffy white clouds, birds singing, wild cherry trees starting to produce leaves, WOW! The only problem is that I have a family event to attend (willingly, it's a celebration) so no riding for me today. Fortunately the forecast remains good and it looks like I will be able to sneak a ride on Tuesday. :love:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I saw that yellow thing in the Sky !! Just been out for a quicky to open up some fire roads and it didn't rain !

No film crew, no generator and stage lighting .. no photoshop ... THE SUN !!!

sun1.jpg

Very soggy though ..

sun 2.jpg

I have to leave "horse jumps" for a few weeks, or I get grief from the OH ....

sun 3.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yep. I'm off out in a minute.

I though I’d jinxed it again on the drive to the FoD; it pissed down, luckily it had stopped by the time we actually got going and held off until the last mile back to the car when it hailed!

mxh

Aug 27, 2018
Australia
Well, after fighting off the bushfires, the smoke haze and more recently the flooding, the weather in Sydney this weekend was absolutely stunning. 28 degrees, sunny, trails with just a bit of moisture in them - what more could you want!

However it's 35 degrees outside today so am not too upset to be in my air conditioned office - might be a little too warm for a ride.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Typical... beautiful sunny calm morning whilst I'm stuck behind my desk.
Why are the weekends always wet / windy / wild?!

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Hmmm, that Greta thunberg girl may have a point, weather seems chaotic across the entire planet ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Look at yearly averages rather than a single month in a year and then look at decade trends, if you do that then you tend to see spikes of say rainfall, followed by drier than normal periods, which means a yearly average not changing to much.

If you remember back to last autumn it was relatively drier than normal with one of the driest and best riding periods I've had for a few years.

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi,
I'm still riding Surrey Hills every Saturday and its actually getting slightly better; I am definitely riding around some puddles as there are some up over the axles and its not nice when my waterproof socks then fill with (3 degrees water).... so I have learnt to avoid! The wet weather certainly enhances skills and reaction times as riding over the wet roots "makes the mind focus!"

I think 2 weeks ago was the worst I have known for 15 years. A set of pads seems to only last a month with the sandy mud grinding away.
The worst bit is having to hose myself down in the garden at home before my wife lets me anywhere near the house..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles