Wasting my time with £2500?

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
There might well be. However the point of my post is I am pretty clueless with bikes. I do not know good specs, bad spec, this is why I joined what I thought to be a quality forum to ask for advice. However I seem to be struggling for LINKS and proper advice. It seems fairly toxic on the whole. Just read back though the posts I am sure you will agree.
i can agree with what your saying

but even the vitus i linked to without the discount is still within your 2.5k budget and is a top bike

i personally at 19st 1lbs, bought two cube acid one hardtails, both well under 2k each and no issues with either

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
But you got his hopes up unnecessarily and led to him calling the forum toxic.

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
But you got his hopes up unnecessarily and led to him calling the forum toxic.
Im sorry doomanic but my post quoting the purchase of a machine is not the reason he called the site toxic.....he called toxic due to some comments calling him names cause he couldnt use the links

Please do not blame me for that response as your categorically wrong

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Heres the toxicity in this thread? I can see some confusion over discounts at retailers but not much more than that, and as ever with the internet the tone of the responses is hard to tell. I think this is one of if no the friendliest forum I have been a member of, so please perserver @rudibryson , as we all like to try and solve a challenge like this one.

Its possible to get a decent bike at 2.5k, but it will involve hunting around for a deal and maybe signing ups to some sort of loyalty scheme.

I can see a lot of the decent Bosch bikes being heavily discounted in the near future if they launch their new motor, and I have seen some of the Cubes get discounted to that level in sales.

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
What about this ?
C524C2C8-C90C-4B02-A982-0167908AB198.png
C524C2C8-C90C-4B02-A982-0167908AB198.png

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
Hi Rudibryson, I am in the same situation looking for a reasonable e-mtb on a £2500 budget, I’ve narrowed it down to a Specialized Turbo Levo Hardtail (HT no rear suspension), excellent frame and motor (all be it last years model frame and motor) but very low end components. I would prefer a Focus Jam2 HT it’s a bit more expensive but better spec. The biggest issue you will have once you’ve decided is do they accept your C2W voucher, do they stock that brand and have they got your size. You might end up grabbing what you can.
The Specialized could be an option and then use next years C2W to upgrade the suspension and gears (groupset). What has been said about the Vitus I agree with, it has good components and is in budget, but Wiggle and CRC don’t accept every C2W scheme. You’ll also find some won’t accept vouchers unless it is bought at RRP because of the C2W admin charge which ranges from 5-15%. Good luck.

rudibryson

May 4, 2019
lancashire

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the Vitus and its a very good bike, and also the most capable if you decide to upgrade it over time - as you can see from mine pretty much the only original parts left are the frame, motor and battery.

Back in black . . . - EMTB Forums

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
Hello there,

Just my tuppence worth, but I had similar angst buying mine before Christmas.

In the end I went for a turbo levo full sus, however although it is great fun, my cycling is similar to yours and I am a heavy bloke. I now wish I had gone for a hardtail.

I won’t regret my choice, I just think I was l seduced by the suspension, when it is not really the best bike for my needs.

Finally, this is a great forum, and often the grumpiest replies are from the poeple who are ultimately the most helpful, once you ignore the grumpiness. I felt I was a toddler in a world of adults, and being talked to as such, when all they really want is the best for you. Occasionally this spilled over into sarcasm, but there we are.

Anyway, enjoy your new ride. It looks really nice, and great value.

Oh, and commuting will be an absolute blast!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm a big bloke with a full sus. I'm not sure what issues you guys are seeing, but I had no problem setting my suspension up.

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
To be clear, I love the suspension, I just don’t really need it and could have spent the difference on a family holiday!

Also, as a newbie I was not too sure how it all works and how to set it all up properly, as well as potential extra ongoing maintenance, so it is an extra layer of complexity I could have not bought into, and never really missed. YouTube is my friend, though, and I’m learning fast.

But it is very comfy on the bumpier bits.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles