Levo Gen 2 Warranty extension & Firmware Update for all 2019/20 Levo/Kenevo with 2.1 motors

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
Agree if you are only getting a couple of thousand miles out of a motor it will be costly after warranty ends. Dont fance paying £850 for a motor that may not last.

Don't worry, you'll always have us to look after you (y) A lot cheaper than £850 too! Just have your motor repaired by us, or even upgraded... then you shouldn't have to worry about warranty anyway. Click on our name to take a look: eBike Motor Centre If you're not from the UK? Just click the tab for worldwide partners at the top of our home page.

(sorry that was a bit of a shameless plug, but you guys need to know you have options :) )

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Don't worry, you'll always have us to look after you (y) A lot cheaper than £850 too! Just have your motor repaired by us, or even upgraded... then you shouldn't have to worry about warranty anyway. Click on our name to take a look: eBike Motor Centre If you're not from the UK? Just click the tab for worldwide partners at the top of our home page.

(sorry that was a bit of a shameless plug, but you guys need to know you have options :) )
Yes i spoke to you when i got the 3rd motor whether to upgrade before i used it. Your my first port of call if this one goes out of warranty. Plug away .

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Got my replacement motor approved. Should get it back this week. LBS said the warranty on the new motor is two years from replacement.
according to the Specialized Warranty, items like the battery and motor are warrantied for 2 years FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. That was changed to 4 years for the motor in 2019 2020 bikes. The way I read it, if the motor is changed under warranty, you have not purchased a new motor it is merely a warranty replacement. The replacement motor warranty therefore expires on the same date as the motor it replaced. I would guess that Specialized would be sympathetic to a report of a replacement motor failing in a short period of time but as far as I read their T and Cs they are under no legal obligation to provide a fresh 2 year warranty for a replacement motor..

Jsmithjr732

Aug 3, 2020
San Diego
according to the Specialized Warranty, items like the battery and motor are warrantied for 2 years FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. That was changed to 4 years for the motor in 2019 2020 bikes. The way I read it, if the motor is changed under warranty, you have not purchased a new motor it is merely a warranty replacement. The replacement motor warranty therefore expires on the same date as the motor it replaced. I would guess that Specialized would be sympathetic to a report of a replacement motor failing in a short period of time but as far as I read their T and Cs they are under no legal obligation to provide a fresh 2 year warranty for a replacement motor..
Yep, I agree with ya. I found it interesting that the LBS specifically stated this when we discussed the replacement. I’m going to ask them again when I pick it up. If they’re stating something different from Specialized, I’ll want it noted on my repair bill.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
All a joke really it depends on dealers clout. I have had excellent warranty . I got new frame supplied it was there before i had sent the old one back to shop. And they plugged the motor in and got a error so fitted a new one the same day. Next lad is waiting for weeks or months.

I have 24 month warranty on my Turbo Levo. Only the motor and frame have longer.
The bike has spent about 3 months in the bike shop with various E Bike specific issues over that time. There has also been further downtime due to mechanical issues.
Talk about running down the warranty.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’ve had 1 motor change in 2 years of hard riding , must be something wrong with the way you guys are doing it !!

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
There is a hell of a lot more to go wrong on EMTB's than Motors. The motor if anything is no less reliable than most other parts of the bike, just more noticable when it is not working 100% well

Jsmithjr732

Aug 3, 2020
San Diego
Just got my bike back. New motor and the serial date shows it’s a 09/2020 motor (original was 2019). It’s very quiet now! Didn’t realize how loud my motor was previously.

Wasn’t able to get and answer in the warranty start date. Will update if I get one from the LBS.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Unless you payed for it the motor warranty is from the date of original purchase and how many years depends of the bike . 19/20 motors get ex 2 years and any payed for motor will also get 2 years !
There’s no such thing as a rolling warranty on spesh’s ebikes or people would just abused the shit out of it and get a new one forever 🙄

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
There is a hell of a lot more to go wrong on EMTB's than Motors. The motor if anything is no less reliable than most other parts of the bike, just more noticable when it is not working 100% well
Exactly like how you ride what weight you are all affects things . You hear folk smashing derailier wrecking rims you dont know what they are actually doing .been riding since the 80 s never done any of that and im no light weight. So we will never know. This is a forum remember ful of leyboar
Unless you payed for it the motor warranty is from the date of original purchase and how many years depends of the bike . 19/20 motors get ex 2 years and any payed for motor will also get 2 years !
There’s no such thing as a rolling warranty on spesh’s ebikes or people would just abused the shit out of it and get a new one forever 🙄
Just got new motor battery cable that was out of warranty .

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Exactly like how you ride what weight you are all affects things . You hear folk smashing derailier wrecking rims you dont know what they are actually doing .been riding since the 80 s never done any of that and im no light weight. So we will never know. This is a forum remember ful of leyboar

What you ride is what affects things.
I know loads of folks who ride Full Susses on routes that I could do on a Gravel bike 90% of the time.
Not really proper MTB is it ?
I heard someone say once that if you aren't smashing rims then you aren't doing proper Mountain Biking.

D

Deleted member 7464

I know loads of folks who ride Full Susses on routes that I could do on a Gravel bike 90% of the time.
I heard someone say once that if you aren't smashing rims then you aren't doing proper Mountain Biking.
That all depends how smooth you are as a rider,not necessarily how hard you ride.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I know what you mean just watch a video of what some of the guys out there can do on a bike. Same in all sports if you do it for a long long time you actually see it evolve. Im on a ski trip just now same there amazing what some can do . And yes some folks can do things on a very basic bike better than i would ever be able to.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
On that basis I guess if you dont break your leg playing football...you are not really playing football:p

I suspect it is more the case of some using some emtbs way beyond their specified classification or wheel/tyre combinations not designed for the type of punishment some trails involve. Going fast is great but you win nothing if you do not get to the finish line!!

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
I ride 80% of time with turbo, no pity to motor. All year round. -30 to +30 celsius.
Enduro style riding. I use motor. All out:
IMG_4150.jpeg

9500km now in two years, original motor. Still going strong.

What comes to rim smashing; if you smash you rims it’s not mtb. It’s poor lines, better learn to ride ”smooth” and learn to pick your lines better. ;)

Coburn

Aug 18, 2019
Somerset
I ride 80% of time with turbo, no pity to motor. All year round. -30 to +30 celsius.
Enduro style riding. I use motor. All out:
View attachment 119333

9500km now in two years, original motor. Still going strong.

What comes to rim smashing; if you smash you rims it’s not mtb. It’s poor lines, better learn to ride ”smooth” and learn to pick your lines better. ;)
Thats actually 32.7% distance or 34% time in turbo.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
What comes to rim smashing; if you smash you rims it’s not mtb. It’s poor lines, better learn to ride ”smooth” and learn to pick your lines bette

Rim smashing - I will be the first to admit that I'm a crap rider with low skill level and always probably will be as I have a very low % rate of progression, if any.

One thing that has saved my rims from getting smashed more recently has been foam inserts. Or maybe just better luck than I had a while ago. I also think I ride a bit slower than I used to as I don't give a toss about Strava segments anymore.

There are definetely a lot of people around here riding Full Sussers on routes that can be done on gravel bikes. I see it all the time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles