The Highly Anticipated And Much Awaited Ride At Cannock If Only We Can Find A Date We All Agree On And It Isn't Chucking It Down.

Trail Doug

Nov 22, 2018
Wrexham
The weather today has fked the trails right up, so much rain fell. Going to scope it out tomorrow.
Thanks for making the effort to plan this and even more thanks for pre riding them!
I'll be awaiting the recon reports before making a final commitment. I've been on enough off piste Chase rides to know that I enjoy them much more when the trails are drier.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'd rather be paid in tows up the last hill after my battery dies.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Have you scoped out the trails since the rain?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Ok, so the recce is done. I've changed a few things after the downpour, picked a few of the drier trails.

It's an 18 mile loop with the scope to be up to 25. There's everything you could want in one ride. My friend came with me, said it's the best day he's had on a bike. We had a blast.

I've tried to eliminate as much fireroad as possible. Cannock regulars will know a good portion of the trails but there's new ones and new challenges thrown in.

Really looking forward to it, meeting new and old faces. Just a matter of a days coaching tomorrow to get out the way. So it'll be third day in a row (get the excuses in now)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you like, I'll be OK as long as it's not a slop fest. I just can't be arsed with them at the moment.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
If you can manual over puddles you'll be fine, there's just the odd ones and if you can't most are avoidable. It's when every dip is full and you can't even do that. No, it's far from that. Hopefully stays dry tomorrow and Sunday.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
It's an 18 mile loop with the scope to be up to 25.
At what point do you need decide on distance?
There are plenty of marked exit points for anyone that doesn't want or can't go on. I didn't note distances as I was more concerned about distance battery and directions today.

The main route is 14 miles. I was feeling it, my friend too.

Got some fun challenges, ballsy challenges, tech climb and grunt climb challenges.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Are the climb challenges avoidable? The only thing they do for me is flatten my battery.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Are the climb challenges avoidable? The only thing they do for me is flatten my battery.
The first one isn't, but isn't hard, it's a warm-up. The second is, but you've still got to go up a fireroad. You've still got to go up hills to come down them The other 3 are optional. So majority yes. The tech climb you have to do but can walk it.

That's part of the fun though, doing things you can't do on a normal bike and managing your battery level.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
18 miles sounds better than 25, especially if we are going to be using plenty of emtb mode ?.....me and my mate will be there, just don't expect to much ability ?....but I have always liked getting dirty, so the conditions sound perfect and the floor is a little bit softer when you fall off ?
See you all tomorrow

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Ok, so I never talked about battery, as not to scare you off.

My friend on his maiden voyage kenevo, had to walk the last bit home and never completed the loop. After nearly 14 miles, he had 12% battery.

We had to limp fire road home. I was at 37%. I think he maybe used a bit too much trail mode being new bike day. He did the maths and worked out he could do the last few miles in trail because he was tired, simple maths don't apply.

You'll definitely need turbo for some sections, so battery management comes into play.

I've put a few videos of what some of the sections look like on my Instagram, check em out. Same as ID on here.

Plus here's a few features off just 1 of the trails.
Screenshot_20190406-080937_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20190406-080953_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20190406-081014_Strava.jpg
Screenshot_20190406-081038_Strava.jpg

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Perhaps need to book in at A & E for about 2pm then, saves waiting around in the reception too long........have you pre-booked the air ambulance.....don't think my battery will be an issue, looking at them features, so long I've got a couple of miles in it - that should see me to the end of my ride ! ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles