• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Where did you get this address? It's not correct. Correct one is STUnlocker.com

Hi vadII
Is there a problem with your address ( [email protected] ) I have sent 2 emails with the same result
Regards
Garrit
Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email protected]. Gmail will retry for 23 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

AndreaFx

Aug 1, 2019
Milano (Italy)
Question: If I unlock the speed limit with firmare 4.3.2 then I update to firmare 4.7.1......speed limit remains unlocked o the new firmare overwrites the config?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Try it. Didn't test it. Firmware does not overwrite settings.. But, I think, the new FW logic will not use that limits.

Danny_bird

Oct 7, 2019
Essex, UK
Yes it’s weird, I don’t have anything?? I have sent it off from 2 different email addresses? Sent it 3 times now and got nothing???

It is an automated response or does someone physically message you back??

Thanks guys

Damosa

Oct 17, 2019
España
Hello, I want to buy the license to use 32kmh in Spain, but I have doubts if it covers shimano warranty if one day I have a motor problem, does the app leave a trace when modifying speed settings etc?

Stanny_uk

Oct 15, 2019
Uk
Can I change to America restriction with android St unlocker via Blue tooth or is it a window and cable job

cuencun42

Nov 18, 2019
valencia
Hola buenos dias soy novato en el foro, adquirió hace dos semanas un e-bike con motor shimano e8000 y compró la aplicación st unlocker para android para poder modificar asistencia etc y ahora lko que queria es cambiar el mercado de europa a estados unidos para que la asistencia llega a 32 km / h pero no se donde obtener la licencia, ni como instalarla.

Me podriais ayudar? y otra pregunta ¿cuánto vale la licencia y dónde obtenerla?

Un saludo y gracias de antemano

PD: mi motor esta actualizado a la ultima version de fireware

cuencun42

Nov 18, 2019
valencia
hola otra vez esta tarde compró la licencia pero no pude instalarla porque soy bastante torpe por lo visto. Estoy esperando que me la vuelvan a enviar a ver si puedo instalar porque cuando inteto instalarlo me sale esto. Alguien me puede ayudar por favor estoy bastante frustrado

Screenshot_2019-11-19-15-49-56-473_com.android.browser.jpg

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
hola otra vez esta tarde compró la licencia pero no pude instalarla porque soy bastante torpe por lo visto. Estoy esperando que me la vuelvan a enviar a ver si puedo instalar porque cuando inteto instalarlo me sale esto. Alguien me puede ayudar por favor estoy bastante frustrado

View attachment 21917
Hola de inglaterra
Ocurrió este problema al hacer clic en el enlace del correo electrónico de Stunlocker?

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Screenshot_20191119-190010_Gmail.jpg

es el texto en azul, la aplicación debe abrirse cuando selecciona esto y la licencia se aplica automáticamente

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
Is there a simple way to downgrade to 4.3.2 ?

Maybe a function of Steps Unlocker or eMax can do that ?

As far as I know, neither STePS Unlocker nor eMax provide that function within their software. I believe eMax provides instructions and insistence with the downgrade (but their instructions require you to have Shimano's E-Tube Project hardware which is pricey).

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
It's possible to downgrade using a smartphone (without any additional hardware). You can find instruction on Net. Someone copied my instruction to a special site before it was removed from www.stunlocker.com due Shimano demand

As far as I know, neither STePS Unlocker nor eMax provide that function within their software. I believe eMax provides instructions and insistence with the downgrade (but their instructions require you to have Shimano's E-Tube Project hardware which is pricey).

Coopers

Dec 31, 2019
Australia
Another happy customer here. Awesome app, well worth the money! Thank you Vadll!!!!!!

FYI, I'm running the E8000 motor, E8010 battery with SC-E6010 display (had to use a junction A to gain bluetooth connectivity) and stock 4.7.1 firmware.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles