Shimano ebike display delete?

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
I want to get rid of the my e8000 handlebar display. I read somewhere that you can get rid of it, and in its place you can plugin a small light indicator that tells you what mode your in. I can't find where I read this. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
I want to get rid of the my e8000 handlebar display. I read somewhere that you can get rid of it, and in its place you can plugin a small light indicator that tells you what mode your in. I can't find where I read this. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Have a look under Shimano EW-EN100 on this forum.
mark.ai has it soughted.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Interested as to why you wanna get rid , it’s not as if it’s big or heavy like some of the small laptops some bikes have ? have to say I don’t use mine a lot but it’s useful sometimes , also how would you select the set up and Bluetooth function without ?
Interesting thread because if the display ever caused a problem it would be good to know an easy way to disconnect it and keep the bike working

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Interested as to why you wanna get rid , it’s not as if it’s big or heavy like some of the small laptops some bikes have ? have to say I don’t use mine a lot but it’s useful sometimes , also how would you select the set up and Bluetooth function without ?
Interesting thread because if the display ever caused a problem it would be good to know an easy way to disconnect it and keep the bike working

I'm just annoyed with any screens on my handlebar except on my road bike. I think it's from mountain biking for years without any bike computer.

Reactions: njn

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I'm just annoyed with any screens on my handlebar except on my road bike. I think it's from mountain biking for years without any bike computer.
Fair enough , I’ve used my garmin gps on the bars and I hate that there too unless I really need it to navigate , as for I phone on the bars even the roadie is horrible

Timochka69

Jan 31, 2018
Helsinki
I have been considering the pros and cons of removing my display and installing a EW-EN100.

I have no need for trip, odometer or speedo information. I can check total km on etube app, should I need that info and I have no reason to keep on checking my speed, if the motor assists I go under 25 km/h and if it does not assist I go faster. Cadence was somewhat nice to have when I was getting to know the bike and SRAM gears, but I do not use that either. However, I would like to have the battery charge and remaining range displayed, so I guess I must keep the display. The other option would be the etube ride app, of course.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have been considering the pros and cons of removing my display and installing a EW-EN100.

I have no need for trip, odometer or speedo information. I can check total km on etube app, should I need that info and I have no reason to keep on checking my speed, if the motor assists I go under 25 km/h and if it does not assist I go faster. Cadence was somewhat nice to have when I was getting to know the bike and SRAM gears, but I do not use that either. However, I would like to have the battery charge and remaining range displayed, so I guess I must keep the display. The other option would be the etube ride app, of course.
I use the EN-100 paired with my Garmin watch for the info I need, battery percentage being all I care about but the Garmin can show range/mode/etc.

One of the members on here developed a data field for the Garmin watches to enable this:

garmin-watch-data-field-for-shimano-steps-emtbs.9599

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 10.18.29.png

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I use the EW-EN100 with a Garmin as well (the e8000 display can't do this btw as it doesn't have bluetooth). I like to have battery percentage displayed on the Garmin. I do like the LED on the EN100 that shows what mode I'm in at a glance.

Personally I think the e7000 control with the EW-EN100 is the best setup and if you want more you can add a Garmin of your choice.

Gordon

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Can you connect to a Wahoo computer with the STEPS system?

The one bit of information I would realy like is the battery % rather than the 5 bars.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles