Shimano Battery vs the Head Unit display

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
Hello help please.

Nearing the end of my ride the head unit says it has 1 unit and is red whereas the battery is saying it has 2 bars still lit up. I would have thought it would be in sync? Which do i believe, short of running the battery until dead i don't know which read out to trust, has anyone else had this? Firmware is 4.5.1 i think.

pabloazocar

Aug 7, 2018
Chile
Good questions, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to check it on the app but can't find any info either.
Let me know if you find out, I would expect to be in sync also but ...

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I've seen this, likely normal. Red is a warning with all modes enable, 2 bars. All other modes besides eco will be disabled with one bar on battery.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Best indicator is the range left reading on the display, which you can scroll to using the button on the bottom of the display.

If you connect a garmin, and use it to monitor the battery, it converts it into a percentage but no idea how accurate this is.

The reality is that how you use up the last bit of battery depends so much on the mode you are in, the cadence you are pedalling at, the terrain you are riding, and your weight, that its very hard to do any sort of like for like comparison.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
When the one RED block shows up I tend to alternate between switched off and eco to eek the last bit of juice out a bit. Haven't figured out what cadence is best but keeping the power bar along the bottom of the display low def helps conserve battery..

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
go with the display , I’ve no idea why the battery shows different , I think it’s brcause the battery doesnt flash or turn red , Iam sure when the red display begins to flash the battery also drops to one bar , you don’t get very far after that happens .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles