Shimano E tube ..on my Focus Jam Question

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
The mileage readout seems to be about 20% higher than it should be .....good for pub bragging....but I would like it to be more accurate.
Can I alter things in the system through Etube....so far have failed to find anything. and forgotten how to connect Ipad to bike !!!age.
any help please//:unsure:

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
Interesting. Is the bike pretty new? Are you comparing mileage with a GPS? That mileage is usually a lot shorter than the mileage from the bike computer which will be more accurate.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
2017 model... I set up OS maps to follow my route which plots and gives total mileage at finish.
The bike computer shows approx 20% higher miles.
I am not really bothered but why the significant discrepancy .
Have connected E tube which really only allows motor power adjustments.
There must be a wheel size setting as bike can be supplied with alternative wheels etc
glued the magnet in place but doubt if the positioning is critical as a rotation is a rotation wherever you trigger it isnt it?:confused:
Shame to think my 2500 miles is really only 2000.
Keep pedalling

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
2017 model... I set up OS maps to follow my route which plots and gives total mileage at finish.
The bike computer shows approx 20% higher miles.
I am not really bothered but why the significant discrepancy .
Have connected E tube which really only allows motor power adjustments.
There must be a wheel size setting as bike can be supplied with alternative wheels etc
glued the magnet in place but doubt if the positioning is critical as a rotation is a rotation wherever you trigger it isnt it?:confused:
Shame to think my 2500 miles is really only 2000.
Keep pedalling
As I tried to explain before, the GPS is much less accurate and will produce shorter distances than the built-in bicycle computer. It will do okay with straight lines, but does very poorly on routes with a lot of twists and turns.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
I disagree somewhat with the GPS being less accurate. Some GPS work better than others, you'd need one with a 1 second record option and Glonass for best results . 20% is a huge difference, I imagine the tyres have been changed at some point as I have done with my Focus Jam, and if you've fitted a smaller size tyre like I have this will throw out the mileage also. Shimano really need to address this shortcoming in the app as a tyre circumference setting is essential.

It would be interesting to ride a set distance in a straight line to see if the variation sways the other way with more mileage showing on the GPS than on the bike.

There are some ways to change the wheel setting but you need a third part hack.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Thanks ..folkes. Iwill try a “known distance “. Comparison and see what I get.
Keep pedalling

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Ahhhhh will investigate....but as complete numpty on things comfuser
I may be back for some help.:oops:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles