• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Rock shox pike 150mm to 160mm

Wurley

Oct 12, 2018
Folkestone
Hi guys, I’ve got a 2019 Levo expert which has rock Shox pike rc29 150mm forks fitted
Ive been told you can fit a different air shaft to the 150mm fork to increase the travel to 160 mm
I’ve spoken to a dealer who advised you can’t do this mod to a 2019 fork
Does anyone know if this is possible and know the part number for the correct air shaft
Thanks jon

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I have done this before to reduce travel on a Fox 36 but not on a Pike. I do have the pike on my expert so would be interested to know the answer as well.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi guys, I’ve got a 2019 Levo expert which has rock Shox pike rc29 150mm forks fitted
Ive been told you can fit a different air shaft to the 150mm fork to increase the travel to 160 mm
Does anyone know if this is possible and know the part number for the correct air shaft
Thanks jon
Tell your lbs that he is a joke, you just need a new debonair air shaft and it’s a 30 min task.

This one:

ROCK SHOX Air Shaft Upgrade Kit DebonAir 160 mm Pike B1/Revelation A1

Karsten

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Help me out someone please. I followed the above link and as good as the Debonair kit is, it refers only to 160mm and nowhere does it say that it can extend a 150mm fork's travel to 160mm. I read it as only being suitable for forks that are already 160mm travel. What about the other leg with all the damping circuits in it? Aren't they set up for 150mm travel only?

As you can tell, I'm no expert in this sort of stuff, but I do have a 150mm travel Revelation already fitted with the Debonair spring, so any relevant topic captures my interest.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Help me out someone please. I followed the above link and as good as the Debonair kit is, it refers only to 160mm and nowhere does it say that it can extend a 150mm fork's travel to 160mm. I read it as only being suitable for forks that are already 160mm travel. What about the other leg with all the damping circuits in it? Aren't they set up for 150mm travel only?

As you can tell, I'm no expert in this sort of stuff, but I do have a 150mm travel Revelation already fitted with the Debonair spring, so any relevant topic captures my interest.

The length of the air shaft determines the travel of the fork. In the other leg the hydraulic unit is located and the shaft just slide freely. On a Pike/Revelation that maximum travel is 160 mm and you can get air shafts all the way down to 100mm. Trust me, I have done it numerous times and the one I linked to is the one the OP needs in order to get to 160mm.

Do a search on youtube and there are many videos showing the process.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Thanks karsten, do you know if this is suitable for 29” boost forks

I’m almost certain that there is no difference as the fork I did it to was a 27.5+/29” boost RS Revelation fork from 2018.

You can ask RS directly, they are usually very helpfull.

Karsten

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I would 100% call rockshox, they are helpful.. went through this changing my pike to 150 and bought the wrong air shaft first go around(and this was looked up by a shop).. they have a lot of different part numbers so best to call and give them serial number from back of fork crown and they can get you correct part #!

Lawson

Mar 11, 2019
UK
Not sure if this answers your question or not, but I found out that the pike 29 has an entirely different damper to that found in the 27.5.

The compression side of a charger damper is the same, but the rebound shaft is different.

But as said, the air shaft is where the magic happens.

Luis MH

Jun 9, 2019
Alicante, Spain
Thanks jon
Is it possible to increase the RockShox Pike RC29, 150 mm to 180mm?
Thanks !!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles