Recommend me some protection

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
after saying that I never fancied going to a bike park, after a first go on managed trails with berms and drops etc etc I have changed my mind :p

cos im proper old and already mostly broken I have bought myself a full face helmet and I want to get some knee pads that I can use for any riding, not just bike parks..
I may also get some elbow pads or use my old MX armour that has chest and back protection as well unless you peeps can recommend me something better - my armour is the solid plastic type stuff.

after having a quick look the POC stuff looks nice but pricey, which is fine if its worth it.

so, what you all recommending please ?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
For bike parks I use the following ;
100% full face lid With matching Google’s
Fox long sleeve and fox flex air pants
Race face ambush d3 elbow pads
TLD kgl 5450 knee shin guards ( half price at chain reaction atm )
TLD body armour
Fiveten or Shimano shoes
Normal rides just open face helmet , knee guards !

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Whilst #lazy obviously has the skills to swing his single "TLD body arm" out in front of him for every crash :

armour.jpg

I prefer the TLD 7855 for more all round protection .. it's light .. breaths well .. you don't know you have it on and it's not bulky like the solid protection. It's also has better freedom of movement than the solid armour.

For knees, I like the Sam Hill's. They stay in place well, again - you don't know you have them on once they've warmed up and formed, and they offer excellent protection.

I don't ride bike parks though, so the protection requirements might be different ?

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
after having a quick look the POC stuff looks nice but pricey, which is fine if its worth it.

Protection is cheaper than damaging your body, its something I feel is worth not skimping on.

For what to buy, get to a shop and try some stuff on, get something that fits and feels nice. Having something that doesn't fit right will make you hate wearing it.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Whilst #lazy obviously has the skills to swing his single "TLD body arm" out in front of him for every crash :

View attachment 24899

I prefer the TLD 7855 for more all round protection .. it's light .. breaths well .. you don't know you have it on and it's not bulky like the solid protection. It's also has better freedom of movement than the solid armour.

For knees, I like the Sam Hill's. They stay in place well, again - you don't know you have them on once they've warmed up and formed, and they offer excellent protection.

I don't ride bike parks though, so the protection requirements might be different ?
Edited lol

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I have the Fox Titan body armour, Fox Proframe Helmet and RaceFace Affect knee/shin guards for bike parks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles