Levo Gen 2 Need a higher profile rear tire

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Can anyone tell me the height of their tire from the rim bead if they are running a Michelin E wild 27.5 x 2.6 front on the rear tire on 30 ID rim? Thanks.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't have on on a rim at the moment.

If I squash one flat and measure bead to bead it's 16cm's. So if that's more than what you have then maybe you would also get more height.

ew.jpg

I curved it and set the bead to 30mm and measured the height, which was 64mm (not much tread) - but that's not inflated - so not going to be 100% accurate.

Just measured a 2.4 wild Enduro and that's 70mm on a 38mm rim from the outside of the tread to where I'd perceive the bead to end.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Thanks Zimmer! My present hillbilly measures 61.5 mm at its widest. I forget the exact height measurement but it was two or 3 mm less in height than my riding partner's 2.6 eliminator. If my memory is correct I recall 59 mm height from rim to top of trend on mine and 61 or 62 mm on his eliminator. 70 mm height on the E wild would be quite welcome.

If your measurement was 64 mm not inflated that should theoretically be close to the claimed 66 mm inflated width on the website. I'll see if anyone else posts measurements but will probably buy one and try it. Converting to mullet and don't want to lower the bottom bracket so looking for a higher profile tire. Thanks again, Jeff.

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I have currently got a Schwalbe Magic Mary 27.5 x 2.8 on a Hope 35W rim - amazing grip. Let me know if you want the height of that.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
I have currently got a Schwalbe Magic Mary 27.5 x 2.8 on a Hope 35W rim - amazing grip. Let me know if you want the height of that.

Yes please Taffy, would also be interested in that too, thanks, Jeff. Can't be too much difference between 30 and 35IW rims.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles