Levo Fork and Shock upgrades

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Well expert is pike, sworks 36. I was gonna go lyrik/36. Aim for the best. If I could choose any combination it'd be 36 dpsx. I've heard the x2 is a dark art.

I've got a shockwiz, so I'm gonna try setting the current/standard suspension up better before upgrading... Only because I'm skint

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Well expert is pike, sworks 36. I was gonna go lyrik/36. Aim for the best. If I could choose any combination it'd be 36 dpsx. I've heard the x2 is a dark art.

I've got a shockwiz, so I'm gonna try setting the current/standard suspension up better before upgrading... Only because I'm skint

Yep been looking at that combination myself...just trying to find the best prices:rolleyes:

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Very satisfied with the 36 factory with 150 travel, didn't find a need for more.
Swapped my standard DPS shock for a DPX2 with custom rebound setting (addopted for my wider shoulders) also very satisfied with this. Come from a MX background where custom tune of suspension is a standard thing, always surpised how much better you can get your own suspension (if you are outside the standard range) by doing custom settings, it's worth every euro (ofcourse when done correctly)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its the RC2, they are also i believe overstock of OEM forks, in that when delivered they don't come in a fox box or with any spare tokens etc.

Still hell of a fork at the price

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Fox Factory 36 29er 160mm travel, 51mm offset £699 in CRC sale. Don't know what offset is right for the levo.

Fox Suspension 36 Float Factory RC2 Forks BOOST 2018 | Chain Reaction Cycles

I believe this is the cheaper on that does not have the FIT 4 damper. Might be worth a look though if you're on a budget (y)
Rc2 is the higher end fork, fit4 is cheaper. It has the independent compression settings. But being 2018 it doesn't have the grip2 damper, which is a massive improvement apparently. £400 more though, so you have to decide.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Every day is a school day (y) £400 is a big saving on the grip 2 damper...how much is it to retro fit one anyway? Plus 160mm travel...will that work?

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
Personally i would ride the fork first and see if you need it.

After having a Pike and a Fox Factory 34 on my other 29ers I'm sure I'll want something a little more suited for my riding rather than the Sektor RL. Although I'm sure this will be a good fork(y)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Personally i would ride the fork first and see if you need it.

After having a Pike and a Fox Factory 34 on my other 29ers I'm sure I'll want something a little more suited for my riding rather than the Sektor RL. Although I'm sure this will be a good fork(y)
It feels and tracks ok to me and I ride pretty aggressive. Haven't noticed flex. It does beat me up a bit though, feels harsh and feel it in my hands. Ride it first and see, then if you change you'll be able to know what's improved and whether it was worth the coin.

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
It feels and tracks ok to me and I ride pretty aggressive. Haven't noticed flex. It does beat me up a bit though, feels harsh and feel it in my hands. Ride it first and see, then if you change you'll be able to know what's improved and whether it was worth the coin.

Yeah will probably be ok for what we ride on the Chase or at Pines, But I'm planning on taking this into the Peaks more. That CRC Fox 36 is very tempting, just unsure on the 160mm front end and how that will affect the bike:unsure:

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
170 mm lyric fork on 2018 levo carbon comp with stock shock. Climbs very well as long as I lean down and weight the front wheel. I should also point out that I am now riding up downhill trails which I could never do on an analog bike before and it still performs very well on climbs that are ridiculously steep. Love that fork on the down hills. I would not hesitate to go 160 mm.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I have a Pike 160 mm on my 2018 Carbon comp together with offset bushings(same as a chip) and it is fantastic.

Karsten

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Can those that went from 150 with enough time on it, to 160 express their comments and feelings on how the bike changed. Not pr speak, their own words.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Coverted my revelation on my levo 2018 with the push coil conversion kit and changed my shock to a cc double barrel inline.
Fork has 160 travel and i noticed that i have to switch my weight more to the front when climbing steep.
The front and rear conversion made the bike much more small bump compliant and I’m using more travel all together.

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Swapped my standard DPS shock for a DPX2 with custom rebound setting (addopted for my wider shoulders) also very satisfied with this.

What measurement is the correct one for the dpx2? Have this on my SC Hightower and love it there. But I thought Fox didn't sell stock shocks for the Levo? (just oem)

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
What measurement is the correct one for the dpx2? Have this on my SC Hightower and love it there. But I thought Fox didn't sell stock shocks for the Levo? (just oem)

The correct lenght is 210mm with a 52.5 stroke.
Fox offers them in a 50stroke and a 55 stroke, most Fox dealers are happy to convert one to a 52.5 stroke. This is what Fox Germany did and probably almost all suspension centers can do for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles