How was your ride, in one picture and one line?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
1590527807713.jpeg

Apologies for the bumbag ?

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
If there's a bright side to this ... it's that you can even take a pretty picture of a piece of paper .....
I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't have sold some of my photography gear to help fund this bike purchase. I swear I've never crashed this much on any of my bikes in years!

Some fun info:
I was curious so I looked up my Garmin stats at the time of the crash. I hit the jump at 19.5mph, but it says I only sent it 16.9 ft. (which seems short for the speed), I landed it then immediately had the pedal strike on a large imbedded rock while the was suspension compressed, which caused the crash. Oh, and I broke a brand new FF helmet taking a face full of dirt :rolleyes: crashing sucks!

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Cracked 50kph going down there once. Turned the transition onto the road into a lot of air even though I had slowed considerably.

We ride the Little Waipa to Arapuni section quite often & have brunch at the cafe then back.
I expect I will be doing that a lot over the next few months trying to get some fitness back - on the Tuned as well as the self powered bike.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
We ride the Little Waipa to Arapuni section quite often & have brunch at the cafe then back.
I expect I will be doing that a lot over the next few months trying to get some fitness back - on the Tuned as well as the self powered bike.
Haha Rhubarb's Cafe!!

Well, every time we ride to Arapuni, I actually LOSE a little bit of fitness and gain a little bit of weight!
I blame it on their famous Rhubarb's Burger! It's become our tradition, and gots to have it aye! :giggle::coffee:

Rhubarb Burger.jpg

There's actually no rhubarb in it as I first thought it would... Rhubarb is the nickname of the owner that owns and runs the cafe. I believe he used to be a chef who retired and came back from overseas to live a more peaceful life.

Just a word of warning:
If you use the cafe as your midway stopping point for your cycling route like we do... and you eat one of these... you'll be tasting and regurgitating it all the way 11kms back to the carpark, ha! :ROFLMAO: :sick::love:

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Haha Rhubarb's Cafe!!

Well, every time we ride to Arapuni, I actually LOSE a little bit of fitness and gain a little bit of weight!
I blame it on their famous Rhubarb's Burger! It's become our tradition, and gots to have it aye! :giggle::coffee:

There's actually no rhubarb in it as I first thought it would... Rhubarb is the nickname of the owner that owns and runs the cafe. I believe he used to be a chef who retired and came back from overseas to live a more peaceful life.

Dunno, but always sorts things well.
I tend to go for a Ham & Cheese Bread Stick or one of these ...
brunch.jpg

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Man I hate that.

I just bought it a week ago, have a backup derailleur hanger and chain tool ordered up a few days ago but they haven't arrived yet. I found myself without a way to shorten the chain and make it a single speed, so ended up with a 6 mile walk home, but at least I got a couple of hours of riding in before that happened so I still had some fun today.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
That helps. I broke mine at the bottom of a steep 1km climb back to the car and was not happy as it was only a couple Ks into a 20k ride.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Would you like me to tickle your tummy? sounds like you have more issues than you're letting on to.
Funny you should say that ive had 2 months from hell n rippin peaks large up every weekend kept mi brain sain if i have a bad week the bike knows it ??‍♂️ So you riding as a out let ????

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles