How to be a Dick on an E-Bike

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

I used to fall into line on the climbs until I realized that no one else was changing they way they rode because I was on and ebike ergo, when it gets steep I pass everyone and have come to really enjoy being a Dick....see you at the top sucker's

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Not agree on the speed limiter. 25kmh is way too low limit. Not asking for full desrestrict but at least 25% of support when passed the limit... we ride 20kgs bikes with agro tires not fair

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Very amusing ... with more than some truth behind it. But these should all prove to be transitional problems once legacy bikes are phased out entirely and everyone is on an ebike. UK government is banning all sales of new petrol and diesel cars from 2035. This would be an ideal date from which to also include legacy bikes, as it should allow sufficient time for even the most diehard to make the changeover.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Ugh, what a toxic and biased article hidden beneath a thin veneer of 'humour'.

It really isn’t toxic, this is the northern English sense of humour. I can see the Singletrack offices from where I’m sat in my living room and I know this lot ride ebikes too.

Whether it’s well written or funny enough is another matter of course.

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
It really isn’t toxic, this is the northern English sense of humour. I can see the Singletrack offices from where I’m sat in my living room and I know this lot ride ebikes too.

Whether it’s well written or funny enough is another matter of course.
I'm Northern and I like humour, but being Northern and liking humour doesn't automatically mean you are funny or get the tone right. The effect of this article is probably very different to what the author intended as it just propogates stereotypes and fuels anti-Ebike sentiment.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It really isn’t toxic, this is the northern English sense of humour.
Eh?
Sanny (the author) is a posh boy from North Glasgow. And old riding buddy I used to know pretty well. (haven't seen him for a couple of years)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
is it cool to consider this as a 'to do' list ?
Cool?

fonzie_thumbs_down.jpg

er... No.

Just call Sanny a dick next time you bump into him. I know I will ;)

Mr-EPIC-3

Feb 25, 2020
USA, So Cal
I was thinking about having some fun eMTB riding shirts made with the following lines on the backs of them:

* eMTBer coming thru, get off the trail!

* eMTBer coming thru, pickup the pace!

* Old Man on eMTB coming thru, move over!

* Old Man on eMTB coming thru, get out of the way!

* C U Later!

* C U at the end of the trail!

* C U at the end of the ride!

* If eMTBing is the Darkside, why do I see the Light-On!

* Glad I am on my eMTB for the next climb!

* Don't U wish you were on a eMTB right now:)

Last edited:

Beatn1K

Jan 25, 2020
UK
Pointless article. Not funny. Not clever, or useful , or informative...
That’s five minutes of my life I’ll never get back...

Ride it more like a regular bike...?
Do you buy a Porsche or 4x4 and use it for the grocery run ? ( ok, bad analogy ! ?)

I ring the bell so they can GET OUT OF MY WAY ! ?

I’m with you. Most folk that aren’t aware you are itching to pass are happy to get out of the way. Ring the bell, mumble...and fuck off into the distance. Job done....:poop:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
It could be an age thing , I’m a young looking 40 something guy and don’t get any bad comments just jealous looks ! But it can’t be nice to for some to have an 70 yr old speed past them on a growling 5k climb ☺️

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Pointless article. Not funny. Not clever, or useful , or informative...
That’s five minutes of my life I’ll never get back...
Yup, ditto.

It could be an age thing , I’m a young looking 40 something guy and don’t get any bad comments just jealous looks ! But it can’t be nice to for some to have an 70 yr old speed past them on a growling 5k climb ☺️
Only insecure ****'s care who speeds past them on any climb. Why would it "not be nice" to see a 70 year old out and enjoying his or herself? The mind boggles.

Last edited:

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
High Rock Ruti

I used to fall into line on the climbs until I realized that no one else was changing they way they rode because I was on and ebike ergo, when it gets steep I pass everyone and have come to really enjoy being a Dick....see you at the top sucker's

I used to hang back more on hills, but now courteously move up to pass if I want to and say "thanks" as I zoom up the hill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles