Heckler battery release key is loose

kidsnare

Apr 30, 2021
Germany
I recently wanted to release my battery and wondered why the hex screw had no grip. I removed the cover and found loose parts (spring, rod and rocker).

I contacted SC and they sent me a brief instruction how to install rod and rocker again - but to do this, I need to remove the battery. But how can I do that? Any ideas? 9714026F-FE21-4C2B-AA03-D31D45930068.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
if you have the cover off you should be able to see the metal tab on the battery that you normally press to release the battery fully?
Now I'm working off memory here as i'm at work, you should be able to see under that the release mechanism in the drawing? I believe you should be able to push the release leaver back fairly easily with a flat blade screwdriver?

kidsnare

Apr 30, 2021
Germany
I think you mean the tab I marked in the picture?
I tried to push that down already, but without success. Will try again with a flat blade, maybe that works better. D88EF06E-4659-4A63-94AA-08F3AE212DA7.jpeg

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I’m gonna have this problem. The release key thing just spins and spins when I put the 4mm hex in. So if you get yours out and fixed I’ll be interested to see pics etc!

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
ls that the Shimano battery locking device? lt only takes a 1/4 turn of an allen key to release the battery.
l broke mine the first time l tried to use it, it's very easy to break the mechanism and then you need to somehow release the locking latch.
Pressing on the spring won't do it, someone else on here had the same problem and they had to drill it out, fortunately the new latch mechanism from Shimano comes with all the parts needed.

kidsnare

Apr 30, 2021
Germany
I’m gonna have this problem. The release key thing just spins and spins when I put the 4mm hex in. So if you get yours out and fixed I’ll be interested to see pics etc!
Not sure if you've seen it, but I managed to get the battery out fairly easy in the end. You just have to know the trick.
Check this thread where I posted some photos today.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles