Heaviest eBike rider? North East UK

SlowNoob

Jul 21, 2019
uk
Owned my Orange Alpine 6E pro about a year now, was 172kg when i bought it.....currently 158ish kg. Ive always been a big lad, but back in the day i could still pretty much keep up with my skinny mates (when i was 16, now 39) couple of years ago treat myself to an Orange crush Pro.....always been a bit of a fan boy of Orange since i saved up and bought an Orange C16-R STX-RC groupset when i was 15 with money i saved up walking dogs......thought it was just going to be a case of jumping on, riding lots of enjoyable miles, losing lots of weight. reality....just too much like hard work for me. Ended up trading it in against my current ride after trying someone elses e8000 bike......will continue the story when i get chance

Skrix

May 1, 2019
Denmark
well, whatever you do just don't buy small unknown brand bikes :)
I snapped 2 Kreidler frames in the last 2 months (115kg) both on the seat stay
the first one i might have ridden hard but the second one snapped on a 30cm drop

Canakris

Jul 30, 2019
belgium
Same weight zone as me, years of marriage have treated me well... I want a Turbo levo so bad but the fully with my weight will explode I suppose. Tomorrow shopping for a hardtail emtb, dunno yet what to get.
Good luck on the weight loss

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Damn! I've got some catching up to do!

What sort of range are you getting?

Ghost Rider

Jun 5, 2019
Norway
Gentlemen and fellow EMTB riders,
I would like to promote Ghost EMTB to heavy riders. I have a hardtail (2018 TERU B2.9 AL U) and a fully (2019 SLAMR X S3.7+ AL U). Both uses RockShox Yari and the fully a Mari RC Dual Position Air 160 mm with a Super Deluxe Coil R 140 mm at the rear.

Both bikes (believe all Ghost EMTB is) is rated/limited to a max. total weight of 140 kg /308 lbs. To be honest, bike + me + gear is very close or sligthly above that. Never experinced any issues with this, however I am not a daredevil and I do not jump due to a couple of incidents in earlier years.

I am very happy with the bikes and brand, please see the local bikeshop/importer Velkommen and Ghost homepage at show all e-bikes

If you have the possibility to test a Ghost EMTB please do, I do not know how they are priced internationally, but for me in Norway I find them to be great value for money. If Knut for example live close to Kongsberg he are free to test and review my bikes.

Regards, Ghost Rider
 SLAMRX.jpg
Teru.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'd love a coil shock, but getting a spring the right weight is going to be a challenge.

Ghost Rider

Jun 5, 2019
Norway
Thanks to Doomanic for mention this,

I forgot to mention it, but yes the original spring was rated 79 (450) x 47,5 - 55 mm, after a couple of weeks bike shop got hold of and we installed highest rated spring 114 (650) x 47,5 - 55mm. Original spring made bike feel like an old 2CV, as of today with new stiff spring I guess it is more like it should be, assume 79 and 114 is kg!

Regards, Ghost Rider

New spring.jpg

BobW

Jul 23, 2019
Wirral, UK
Due to illness, my weight went up to 130kg. Now health is improving, I’ve got it down to 120kg and want to shed another 10kg, which will be a tough ask.
I’ve ridden and raced mtb’s, so central to my fitness plan is the imminent purchase of an emtb. A Specialized Turbo Levo is in my sights, fingers crossed within the next week.
Id love to hear of changes to suit the extra load. The Levo has 6Fattie (27.5+) tyres which should cushion the ride?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles