Afternoon all from the North East UK.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi, I've just joined as I'm looking to invest in a E-MTB, I'll be asking loads of questions and look forward to reading the threads...

Welcome to the forum. If you’re looking to buy from a local bike shop then I can thoroughly recommend NRG in Thornaby & Great Ayton. Mainly have Focus & Orbea but can do other brands too

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Hi and welcome to the forum
I bought my Merida from Start cycles in Newcastle, I know it's not exactly local to you but they seem to have a good selection
Also Bike Scene in Guisborough, again not exactly on your door step but they are very helpful and allow test rides I believe

Martylaa

Dec 4, 2021
Wynyard
Hi and welcome to the forum
I bought my Merida from Start cycles in Newcastle, I know it's not exactly local to you but they seem to have a good selection
Also Bike Scene in Guisborough, again not exactly on your door step but they are very helpful and allow test rides I believe
What Merida did you go for? My friend has one and swears its a great bike.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I have the Merida e160 Limited (2020, so 504wh and E8000 motor) and it is a great bike. I changed the front fork as the supplied Rockshox RC35 Gold was not good but other bikes in the range have different specs. My wife has the 2021 e160 700 with 600wh and EP8 motor and she loves it (Bomber fork).

They are good bikes. I kept mine when I went to a lightweight Orbea Rise M10 as it is such a great bike, I still use it for certain rides.

WinterHill.jpg

Whinlatter02.jpg

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
What Merida did you go for? My friend has one and swears its a great bike.
I have a Merida eone sixty 800.
I bought it new in October 2018 so it's getting on a bit now but its been so reliable, the only fault being the rear wheel hub collapsing
I keep thinking of upgrading but not sure what to get, I would like more range, I have a second battery but its a bit heavy to carry around.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles