Frequent error code 2020 levo

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
One month old 2020 levo S works displays error code of not recognizing battery about every fourth or fifth time I power it up. To power up I have been holding the button down until the LEDs finish lighting up completely. As advised in the manual, I have been turning it off, opening the charging port then closing it and turning it back on and then it always works. Anybody else having this problem? Does this sound routine or something to have checked out?

Glen

Nov 19, 2018
New Zealand
Try actually cleaning with a cotton bud the inside of the charging port and giving a light oil. Some recommend dielectric grease but I use a little crc. watch you don't use an oil that will deteriorate the O ring.

Last edited:

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
Does this sound routine or something to have checked out?
...something to have checked out.
Seems there is a contact problem.
BTW: with my 2019 Levo there‘s no need to press ON button until the led-flashing-routine is finished - just press about 1 sec on mine, then start-up-routine comes up.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
First off you should inspect the charging point connection visually for any debris and clean both sides with contact cleaner. As pointed out above you may also be creating a fault by long pressing the power button. You should release it as soon as the blue light sequence starts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles