Levo Gen 2 Repetitive error code on my 2020 Sworks Levo

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
A couple times BEFORE I updated last week, my motor shut down and I got a single blue and single red.... then AFTER I got it updated It's happened about 40 times in two rides. During the update there were alerts on the screen which referenced an error relating to my hard wired Lupine Sl/SF light. I've been running the light OFF so I'm confused it might be the source of the problem. I'm going to open the case tomorrow and make sure the wire is firmly plugged in, and if it is, I'm going to really be confused. The light cable and light were installed when the bike was brand new, which was April. For the first 1100 miles no issue, now it's an issue. Anyone else had this problem, light or no light? My gut is that it's the power cable.

maxx

Dec 17, 2020
A couple times BEFORE I updated last week, my motor shut down and I got a single blue and single red.... then AFTER I got it updated It's happened about 40 times in two rides. During the update there were alerts on the screen which referenced an error relating to my hard wired Lupine Sl/SF light. I've been running the light OFF so I'm confused it might be the source of the problem. I'm going to open the case tomorrow and make sure the wire is firmly plugged in, and if it is, I'm going to really be confused. The light cable and light were installed when the bike was brand new, which was April. For the first 1100 miles no issue, now it's an issue. Anyone else had this problem, light or no light? My gut is that it's the power cable.
Hello,
I have a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert, and I had a similar problem.
After half a year of use, the "motor failure" appeared. It happened mainly at the beginning of the rides. Sometimes it fixed itself and the motor run again. Sometimes I had to stop and reboot.
I am very careful with the contacts of the charging plug and the connector. I always clean it and spray contact spray. But the problem persisted.
My LBS changed the power connector and the battery, but the problem persisted. Then he changed the "speed sensor" cable (?) (It was a long and thin cable) and the problem was solved. For now!
I don't know if I've helped you, but at least it's a clue.
Luck!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles