Fork Offset - 51mm to 44mm - Answered!

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
So the stock fork offset is 51mm. I am looking to upgrade to the new Fox Factory 36, and saw one member changed to the 44mm offset. Is this an "improvement" or should you stick with 51mm?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

Chad

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well I didn't make the video ;) but I spent a fair bit of time researching this on my Vitus when I changed the forks last year, and it can get a bit confusing!

jnis

Aug 26, 2020
Truckee, CA
Can anyone report their feedback on going from a 51 to 44 offset on their SL? I'm also interested in changing mine out to a 36 160 and not sure on the offset

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Excellent video, really covered everything, thanks for posting it. Does anyone have regrets going with either one over the other on a Levo SL? I would be going to a 160mm fox 36, maybe a DVO but would most likely stick with Fox.

Looking to be educated, I've never increased the travel over what a bike came with. I'm not sure if it has an additive effect to the handling of the bike. Will going from 150 to 160 increase height of the front end? Seems like it should, if so how much? 7mm?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm not sure if it has an additive effect to the handling of the bike. Will going from 150 to 160 increase height of the front end? Seems like it should, if so how much? 7mm?
yeah. around about that once you take sag into account. you can offset the slightly higher bar height by removing a 5mm spacer from under your stem. your BB will only raise a couple of mm and H/A will slacken by less than half a degree.

The difference is noticable (if you notice stuff) but you'll be tuned into it after ONE ride

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles