Focus thron 6.8 touring

Jugglematt

Jun 29, 2020
Australia
Hey folks
I have recently placed an order for a focus thron2 6.8 . Hoping to get the green color but any color will do if i can get one . Looking like new stock is due to arrive sometime august.
Im hoping to do local trail riding combined with rail trail touring from time to time with my partner .
Questions . Do i have to purchase the focus rear pannierr racks to fit panniers, or will other after market panniers line up with the thron threaded holes ?
Lighting , the thron comes with wires pre installed what reasonably priced lights can i get?

Thanks
Matt

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
Hey folks
I have recently placed an order for a focus thron2 6.8 . Hoping to get the green color but any color will do if i can get one . Looking like new stock is due to arrive sometime august.
Im hoping to do local trail riding combined with rail trail touring from time to time with my partner .
Questions . Do i have to purchase the focus rear pannierr racks to fit panniers, or will other after market panniers line up with the thron threaded holes ?
Lighting , the thron comes with wires pre installed what reasonably priced lights can i get?

Thanks
Matt
Just got my Thron 6.8 EQP this week. It came with pannier rack and lights.

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
Hi Matt,

We also have 2 throns 6.8, one eqp and one 6.8.

Could you confirm the 6.8 came with pre installed light cables and how they were routed.

Cheers Mark

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
Consider to buy the Eqp. version and then fit a dropper seat post and off-road tyres.

I have the eqp in XL. Unfortunately the outbreak of Covid in 2020 meant that was all that was available in my size. The medium 6.8 in my partner's.

The eqp came with the Suntour forks. The rockshock forks are much smoother for the small bumps. I also installed a dropper post. It's much easier to add the things you prefer to the 6.8 naked bike than take off and replace the lesser spec 6.8 eqp for off road use.

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
OK, so if you have both models then you can answer all of your own questions?
Nice to talk to a fellow-owner though.

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
Mine was my first bike and I use it now for family rides - its strong and bullet-proof. The panniers carry our lunch and stuff for all of us. I've since bought a lighter bike (Levo SL) for when I ride solo. The second bike put a perspective on the first bike.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
The thread is 18 months old....

On the note of equipped bikes, i went a different route, mainly as i can fit a rack and lights myself and offsetting those can get better spec.
I looked at the Scott Axis eRide FS
This one
But what I bought was the Scott genius 920
If you look at the two of them side by side, the frames are identical, right down to the geometry, but the genius comes with a fox 36 and Fox dps shock. Compared to the suntour and x fusion on the Axis
You lose out on light,rack and guards, but a suspension bike needs the suspension bits to be good and the genius beats the axis there hands down.You also get a 170mm syncros dropper, as opposed to the standard post on the axis, and also the genius for 4800, against the axis at £5050. Saving £250 with which to buy the missing bits. which is a Thule pack and pedal rack, and an exposure toro 3200lm light.

Last edited:

kla456

Mar 8, 2020
Dundee
The thread is 18 months old....

On the note of equipped bikes, i went a different route, mainly as i can fit a rack and lights myself and offsetting those can get better spec.
I looked at the Scott Axis eRide FS
This one
But what I bought was the Scott genius 920
If you look at the two of them side by side, the frames are identical, right down to the geometry, but the genius comes with a fox 36 and Fox dps shock. Compared to the suntour and x fusion on the Axis
You lose out on light,rack and guards, but a suspension bike needs the suspension bits to be good and the genius beats the axis there hands down.You also get a dropper 170mm syncros, as opposed to the standard post on the axis, and also the genius for 4800, against the axis at £5050. Saving £250 with which to buy the missing bits. which is a Thule pack and pedal rack, and an exposure toro 3200lm light.
This is a better solution for anyone who has not yet purchased the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles