Engine Swap

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Anyone know what would happen if I took the motor (E8000) out of my perfectly functioning Canyon Spectral On and put it in my faulty Focus Jam2 (EO10 and WO13 error codes), assuming that all the connections are compatible?

Is there software that would prevent this from working?

Apparently, I have to wait until November before Madison will even look at my Focus with its supposedly faulty motor., whilst my LBS have been unable to diagnose exactly what the problem is and I see swapping the motor as a simple way of confirming, or otherwise, that the motor is at fault.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of those LBSs which are willing to whip the motor out of a bike they have in stock to keep my Focus on the road.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
There should be no problem with that. Cable connections to the motor will be the same. When you install a new motor the odometer goes back to zero. Interesting to see if the odometer goes back to your Canyon reading. It should do.

Good luck.

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
Anyone know what would happen if I took the motor (E8000) out of my perfectly functioning Canyon Spectral On and put it in my faulty Focus Jam2 (EO10 and WO13 error codes), assuming that all the connections are compatible?

Is there software that would prevent this from working?

Apparently, I have to wait until November before Madison will even look at my Focus with its supposedly faulty motor., whilst my LBS have been unable to diagnose exactly what the problem is and I see swapping the motor as a simple way of confirming, or otherwise, that the motor is at fault.

Unfortunately, I don't have one of those LBSs which are willing to whip the motor out of a bike they have in stock to keep my Focus on the road.
I swapped one of my spare motors to make sure it worked and it was fine. I didn’t realise it was you in the woods on Tuesday night. I would have stopped to have a chat. How did your lot like the secret trails? I bet you didn’t go down the steep rocky one ?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I swapped one of my spare motors to make sure it worked and it was fine. I didn’t realise it was you in the woods on Tuesday night. I would have stopped to have a chat. How did your lot like the secret trails? I bet you didn’t go down the steep rocky one ?

Hi Ian, I did call out but you were powering ahead on the front as usual.

Your trail down through Hell Bank is great, especially in the dark, but as the rest are mainly on regular bikes, I can't get them to ride up again. Don't think their lightweight xc hardtails could cope with the really rocky trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles