E-tube connection error.

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
So I tried the Shimano e-tube app for the first time today. Slight problem:
- I have managed to add my bike to the app. All good.
- The app can see my bike. Great.
- I can also connect to the bike and it brings up all the parts fitted to my bike (motor, display etc)
- However when I try to customize the 'assist levels' I get this message "Check that the electric wire is not removed. If removed, disconnect the unit and then reconnect" (see photo).

Does anybody else get this error, and if so do you know what the hell Shimano is talking about?

Any help much appreciated.

IMG_0298.PNG

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I get exactly the same. Tried with my standard set up of an EN-EW100. Plugged in my old E8000 display. Tried an E7000 display. Gave up and went to ST Unlocker which works properly.

ST Unlocker has the same functionality as the Shimano App for a couple of bucks and extras if you pay more for the extended licence. And he's here on the forum to answer questions.

Gordon

E_S_Blofeld

Sep 1, 2020
Surrey Hills.
I get exactly the same. Tried with my standard set up of an EN-EW100. Plugged in my old E8000 display. Tried an E7000 display. Gave up and went to ST Unlocker which works properly.

ST Unlocker has the same functionality as the Shimano App for a couple of bucks and extras if you pay more for the extended licence. And he's here on the forum to answer questions.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. I’m staggered that a company as big as Shimano can put together such a pants app, compared to Mission Control for example. Will have a look at ST Unlocker ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles