E MTB - E GPS Security

breaky33

Apr 12, 2019
Sydney Australia
I would like to start a page on E MTB security discussions as we all have a high investment and would ideally like to track it if lost.

I have been recently looking at a new GPS security system call POWUNITY.

This is not currently available for my Turbo Levo but is available for Bosch and Yamaha motors.

What do we know about this sort of system or others like it.

Having a tracker is better than having nothing if stolen!

The concept has lots or merit !!!!

Moonballs

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Ormskirk
I have a cube and have been interested in buying the haibike econnect. No reason hardware wise why it wouldn't work but would need to do some research if they required a bike serial number or something to activate on their systems.

Specialized i can see being a pain, you would have to get something made bespoke to that motor or operates completely independent.

breaky33

Apr 12, 2019
Sydney Australia
I got an email from PowUnity confirming they are in development with a Specialized Turbo Levo Levo with Brose S Mag version which should be released in the next three months. Maybe BLEvo can connect into this as well ????

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
blimey that's damned expensive. I've just bought the bits to do this for my Levo from various Chinese suppliers and its cost me <£30. Just got to put the bits together now - so it's not quite so plug and play.....

jdp555

Jun 5, 2020
California
@breaky33 ah but I've still to actually get round to building it...... :)
though when I do I'll post up instructions and parts list for others to try. It's pretty much just connecting a few different bits together.
Did you ever get this working? I'd at least be interested in the parts list. Thanks, Jim

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles