I played the keytar
682C64B9-2504-4685-9D5A-2AFC8F02FFA2.jpeg

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
how many regular bike riders have you tried to convert then dax
because the stalwart riders absolutely hate them with a passion
if youve converted more than 1 ill buy you a pint,
but i dont think youre reading the original post correctly dax if we want to make them faster
thats our problem if he wans to make them slower buy a normal bike
not going to waste any more breath

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
how many regular bike riders have you tried to convert then dax
because the stalwart riders absolutely hate them with a passion
if youve converted more than 1 ill buy you a pint,
but i dont think youre reading the original post correctly dax if we want to make them faster
thats our problem if he wans to make them slower buy a normal bike
not going to waste any more breath

Dunno how many converts I've had, probably a couple so far with one more on the way after a very mucky day at the 417 project last week.

The subject of de-restricting has been covered in a lot of depth here before, in general I am opposed to it, our access rights are fairly fragile and if fast ebikes become common then we could see a clamp down on where we are able to ride. Just look at the discussion of ebikes on American trails to see where we could be in a few years.

I kinda see the need for faster ebikes on the road, that's where I really notice the 15mph limit, not so much on the trails.

The original poster (and possibly you) has missed the point that people ride ebikes for lots of different reasons, some like to shuttle DH trails, some use them to cope with injury, some like all day epics but don't have the fitness to do it on a regular bike - those are the people who'll crank out 35 miles in eco, but sit happy in the knowledge that if they run out of energy, the bike will get them home.

I just find this funny because derestricting ebikes is already 'band'.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
right dax
thankyou for an acceptable and reasonable explanation
looks like i owe you a pint
but i cannot agree with vulgarities being used whether directed at me
or anyone else

Reactions: Dax

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
right dax
thankyou for an acceptable and reasonable explanation
looks like i owe you a pint
but i cannot agree with vulgarities being used whether directed at me
or anyone else

If I'm understanding correctly, I think you missed the gist on the "supposed" vulgarity .. due to the spelling error, it turned into a musical "band" farce .. with @Al Boneta (temporarily - Very Dirty Harry, sadly not Debby Harry) , who for a very short time, worked in Europe transforming the sex industry, also revealed that he played a keytar... @118 segwayed that into the possibility of a skin flute .. which @AdH has raised the bar on with "Single barrel pump action yoghurt rifle" .. If any of that is directed at @Dax in anyway .. well, he'll just have to swallow it.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
this is one of ripping gs
Mornin ripp
Steady ride out this mornin 6am start 35 miles all in eco to do a battery distance check still 39% left in tank?
if you can do 35 miles all in eco why do you even want an e bike
Read the post it was a battery test just cos ive got a ebike doesnt mean i need to ride it in turbo every were if that was the case then eco wouldnt be an option ?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
From the Somerset County Gazette:
"Jordan Phillip Middleton, 25, of North Street, Wellington, driving while disqualified, driving an e-bike while disqualified, community order, 80 hours unpaid work, 18 months driving ban; driving without insurance, failed to stop when riding an e-bike and required to do so by a police constable, riding an e-bike without insurance, no separate penalty, £85 victim surcharge, £200 costs."

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
so I have a question for those against derestricting, what do you do when you reach the limit, push on past it and bear the pain, stop riding, keep riding but stay under the limit?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
so I have a question for those against derestricting, what do you do when you reach the limit, push on past it and bear the pain, stop riding, keep riding but stay under the limit?

Why would you stop riding?? ? When I'm riding off road there's few places that riding over 15mph would be of much benefit anyway, on the road possibly, but then why not just get a road bike...

Reactions: 118

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD

I adopt the tuck position and cruise up the fire road at 15mph, happy in the knowledge that the limiter on my mates 150RS is 0.5mph lower and he is cranking like hell to keep up :)

On the road, it depends, sometimes I crank past it, sometimes I cruise along.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Thanks Dax thats the answer I get from most riders who are against derestricting, they are happy to ride there bikes above 15mph as long as its under their own power. This is not breaking the law, but what actually is the law for? It cant be a speed limit for bikes because a strong rider can and does take his bike well above 15mph, roadies for instance, crosscountry racers, downhill riders and racers. so is the law just for weak riders to stop them achieving the same performance/speed as strong riders on ebikes? or what?
We all know (I hope) that the speed limit of a bike, ebike or normal bike is limited by two things gearing and rider power.
so what is the law for then and why is it different in other parts of the world

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I'm so confused.

Ok, so I understand a group or emtb riders with different sounding motors all derestricted MIGHT have some musical merrit.

In the right place, it might almost be a hard rock scene, even a bit black ( neil) diamond ish - so the sexual references might make sense? Sort of scary disturbing old guy stuff, but this is emtb so whatever gets you through the ride....

The speed thing, sure, drugs and rock bands sort of makes sense. Speed is a bit old school , but if we're going to set limits at this rave , fair enough.

But wtf does international law have to do with the music industry?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles