Decoy 29 advice

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
Was all set to buy the regular mullet decoy, but now that the decoy 29 is out im leaning that way since most of my local trails are more “all mountain”, lots of tight primitive single track, etc.

Was hoping decoy owners could chime in and let me know how their bikes have been working as more of a trail bike versus just a DH bike?

If you were going to be doing more trail all mountain would you be leaning towards the 29, or is the decoy versatile enough to use as a trail bike?
thanks

Last edited:

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I love my mullet setup. I am more enduro style but that doesn't mean it won't trail. Get what suits you best. If you trail more with a side of DH get the 29er. If you like to enduro with a side of trail get the mullet.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I love my mullet setup. I am more enduro style but that doesn't mean it won't trail. Get what suits you best. If you trail more with a side of DH get the 29er. If you like to enduro with a side of trail get the mullet.

You have any experience on levo or something that’s more of a trail bike?

I’m definitely leaning decoy 29 at the moment. Analysis paralysis is real!

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I haven't got much time on a Levo. a couple of my. Buddies have 1. I'm not much of a trail guy. I like to smash and dash and shred the downs.

Punisher

Nov 12, 2019
Fr
Sure Decoy is good to ride "soft". Except slow drop because weight.
But it's more funny on fast downs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles