Coil shock options for '19 Levo?

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Hi,

I have been searching for coil shock options for the '19 Levo - I found quite a bit of info for previous Levo, but couldn't find anything about the 2019, which appears to have a different measurements.

For me, the ideal would probably be something like an inline-type coil shock like the Ohlins TTX or CC DB Coil Inline so that it doesn't interfere w/ water bottle, but of course I want to make sure I get one that fits properly - I can't find one online that has the exact E-E / stroke.

Does anybody have any thoughts or info about coil shock options?

Thanks!

Reactions: JMD

mark harris

Nov 2, 2018
New forest, Hampshire
I have gone with EXT shock and I’m really impressed with it, what made a big difference was to have the forks up graded to a coil with the same weight coil as the shock. (y)

D0B1FAA0-5093-40A8-9540-E255EABC05F3.jpeg

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
yep EXT Storia bit expensive but well worth it .
TF tuned up graded the forks giving me 160mm travel (y) i was out yesterday in the rain riding in the woods and was amazed on the grip you get from the forks (y)(y)

Nice setup! If you don't mind, I had a couple ?s about your setup?

Does that EXT shock come in the exact size for the Levo (210x52.5)?
Can you fit a full size water bottle with that shock?
What fork is that?

Thanks a lot!

mark harris

Nov 2, 2018
New forest, Hampshire
Hi, the forks are the standard forks for the 2019 Levo.
Just tried a water bottle and I think if you used a short one it may fit.
I was lucky to have a friend arrange the shock for me , the shock will fit the Levo but spacer had to be machined to make it work.(y)

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Hi, the forks are the standard forks for the 2019 Levo.
Just tried a water bottle and I think if you used a short one it may fit.
I was lucky to have a friend arrange the shock for me , the shock will fit the Levo but spacer had to be machined to make it work.(y)

Got it - thanks for the answers - so it sounds like you just installed a new air shaft on the stock Pike?

mark harris

Nov 2, 2018
New forest, Hampshire
I was talking to the guys when they were doing the forks and trying to take in as much as i could.
They had both legs stripped down.
Replace the bottom section of the ( air side) to increase the travel to 160mm.
Where the air went is now a 90kg spring ( i went for just the spring and not air and spring combo)
New oil and better seals.
Hope that makes sense ??
You also get another heavier spring if you want to jump !

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Push 11/6 is a nice option. They have various configurations for their dials and piggyback for different bikes. The nomad configuration would probably fit. They will make the eye 2 eye and stroke to your specs. They valve it for you and your bike(both positions of the switch are customized). It’s possible to keep the shock for future bikes and they’ll update it as needed

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Push 11/6 is a nice option. They have various configurations for their dials and piggyback for different bikes. The nomad configuration would probably fit. They will make the eye 2 eye and stroke to your specs. They valve it for you and your bike(both positions of the switch are customized). It’s possible to keep the shock for future bikes and they’ll update it as needed

Good to know about that option thanks - I have only heard amazing things about that shock and have seem them around quite a bit - I just don't know if I'm willing to drop that kind of coin for a shock!!

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Good to know about that option thanks - I have only heard amazing things about that shock and have seem them around quite a bit - I just don't know if I'm willing to drop that kind of coin for a shock!!
Yes they’re definitely pricey. I’ve never tried one but like you I’ve heard they’re good. I think they have moved production to all black colored shocks now and they had 20 or 30% off on remaining stock of the raw aluminium ones. Can’t remember if it was an email I received or maybe on their Instagram page

From the comments it looks like if your size isn’t showing it might be worth it to contact them

Last edited:

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Update: After doing some research, I was really considering the CCDB Inline Coil since they make the correct size and it is reasonably-priced and very low weight, but I called CC to ask about mounting hardware and they told me that they strongly recommend against installing any of their coil shocks, but especially the Inline coil, on this type of mounting / linkage (clevis mount I think it is called?) b/c it really stresses the mounting interface and they have seen a lot of breakage - so I'm going to pass on that!

Eljay

Dec 2, 2018
San Francisco
Got an Ohlins on my which i highly recommend, 160mm coil forks as well

Looks great thanks for sharing - did you install that yourself or have somebody do it for you? I couldn't find the exact correct size (metric 210 x 52.5) listed anywhere, so if they don't make it I'm assuming some sort of mod would be needed? Thanks!

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming

The future upgrade concept can take the sting out of it a little if you're a person that messes with shocks on all of your bikes. You basically pay for a rebuild and nominal part changes if necessary, and you've got a new $1000 top level custom shock for every new bike.

Wayne clarke

Nov 7, 2018
Uk
Looks great thanks for sharing - did you install that yourself or have somebody do it for you? I couldn't find the exact correct size (metric 210 x 52.5) listed anywhere, so if they don't make it I'm assuming some sort of mod would be needed? Thanks!

Hi
Yes I fitted it myself but the guys at Brink UK set and sized the shock for me. Very helpful there

Cheers

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
There are 210x 55 options. I wonder if any part of the linkage or seatstay hits anything with 2.5mm more stroke? 157mm travel Levo . A lil moar supa to teh super bike

Hunter-m-j

Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Hey Elijay, i have the base model 2019 levo on order here in Australia. I’m putting a canecreek DB IL coil on it when it eventually gets here. 210x50, not sure about the spring weight just yet, CC do up to 650lb spring for the shock. I have the same on my 2019 stumpy and 500lb spring on it, freakin awesome!!!! Shock hardware swapped straight over in the Stumpy and it’s identical metric sizing. Not sure what the go is with the 52.5 sizing on the new levo? I thought that was a peculiar size that fox did? There is also a 210x55 stroke in the cane creek range. I’m also parting out the forks for a cane creek helm coil fork. Nice looking upgrades in this feed. Cheers

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Just a heads up, CC have officially announced that the shock that you have looked at is dangerous to use on a 2019 Levo. It turns out that the shaft can snap giving the rider all sorts of trouble! Other riders on this forum have been told to return it and they got their money back from CC.

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Thanks Kirsten, can you point me in the direction of this official announcement. I would very much like to follow it up. Cheers
Contact TFTuned in U.K., they have been told to recall all DB In-line sold to 2019 Levos. That came directly from CC. You can also contact them directly. You can also read about it here in the forum.

Karsten

freddok

Jan 9, 2019
Villard de Lans, France
I'm also on the game to put another shock on my future Levo CC, and eventually a coil model. I've send a mail to DVO to know if their Jade and Topaz fits the 19' Levo. Brian@DVO said to me no for the Jade coil shock but another coil model who fit the Levo come in May. No pics or other infos at this time, but knowing the DVO products qualities, I'm really looking after it.... Wait and see.

Plumbr

Sep 11, 2018
Australia
Got this fitted to my levo today at TF tuned. Can’t wait to ride it.

View attachment 10012

View attachment 10013

Hows the coil going?
Does it bottom out much?
Keen to know if the leverage curve is good enough for a coil shock?
Can you help me out with spring weight, sag and yr weight.
Ive got a fox DHX X2 being made for me and waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks
Peter

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles