Bosch Front Light -

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
50000Lumens T6 LED
Sure... A T6 output something like 1'000 lm... So yes, with 50 LEDs and 500W you may theoretically have something like 50'000 lm! :)

I have a BL70s light with a DC/DC converter on my Brose motor. It's an XHP70.2 LED which in perfect conditions can output more than 4'000 lm. In this light, it's far from perfect but I would say that 2'500 lm may be possible?

For my Bosch bike, I don't have room for the converter so I chose a light with a wide voltage input. Not sure what's inside, maybe XM-L LED, but the output is distinctly lower than the other. I didn't have time to connect it on the bike so I don't know if it will be usable or not...

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
am i right in thinking it needs to be 6 Volt?
or would this 8.4V work?
It won't work with a 8.4V light and the output won't supply enough current.

With Bosch CX motor, your shop can change the output to 12V so in the end 12V and 1.5A for 18W. Anything more and you need a direct connection to the battery.

These look nice and the price reflects this...

then Lupine are about the best products out there
The "issue" with the current Lupine offer is the limited output.

Supernova also have nice lights.

But all these models are more for road cycling the MTB and you pay that part of the development.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah i don't think you can really get a super duper front light that doesn't require a separate supply

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I dont mind waiting ( and saving) for the Exposure Optix E-All Terrain unless Hope have something to compete with it - for now I might just use a cheapo plastic chinese light to get it working. Also I have the Purion Display so I will only have light on and Light off Control?

Last edited:

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Wow I didn't know Exposure were making e-bike lights now - their normal lights are just awesome.
Just had a good chat with Exposure Sales - the lights are due end of October, and the Optix Models are for the German Market only so we want the Flex E MTB - which will be 4000lm - plenty of time to save up!!! and lets Buy British

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
Those output sockets on the motor can be 6 or 12 volt. Make sure you use a tester to check rhe output, before you fry your new 6 volt light, like they did at the shop with mine ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles