Bosch Smart System and integrated light

Aratheba

Jan 4, 2022
Italy
Hi,
I’ve just bought a wonderful (at least to me :p) Moterra Neo Carbon 1. It has a useful and powerful Lezine light directly connected to Bosch Smart System.
There’s only one thing I don’t really understand: why every time I turn on the bike the light is automatically on too? That’s really annoying.
It seems like there’s no way to change this settings: nothing both on Kiox and into dedicated Flow app. Is there a way to change such a behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Aratheba

Jan 4, 2022
Italy
There are three possible settings for the light.
  1. Always on
  2. On/off switchable, remembers last state
  3. Not activated
You need a dealer to change this with the diagnostic system.
Thank you very much. That’s why I couldn’t find the right setting to change it :p :D

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thank you very much. That’s why I couldn’t find the right setting to change it :p :D
Local Bosch Dealer: That'll be £20 please !
Worst thing about Bosch is dealer needed to do changes like switching the riding modes and enabling lights, changing light settings...
Oh you want to switch your rear wheel to/from 29er?

Mini Rant....
The flow app is beyond annoying too... can't zoom the map in/out when in riding mode....

can't load routes without pressing the stop ride button...
Have to use komoot to put routes on it....
From what I gather the old app for the non smart system was better.

you can't customise each readout screen either...
Elevation seems to be counted, but has no reading for how steep your riding up, ft/meters your climbing per hour or whatever it is Garmin Edge have.

I'm tempted to buy another Garmin for my bike just because it's a lot better... then I have 2 displays on the handle bars doing basically the same thing, They need integration with Garmins/wahoos and whatever other cycling computers

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks, now I know the price too :p
if it's where you bought your bike from it's probably free but other places are almost guaranteed to charge you even if it's only a 1 minute job.
I think they have to contact your bicycle brand as well as Bosch telling them the reason they need to activate the port, what's plugging into it and being told "yes you can do that"

Aratheba

Jan 4, 2022
Italy
if it's where you bought your bike from it's probably free but other places are almost guaranteed to charge you even if it's only a 1 minute job.
I think they have to contact your bicycle brand as well as Bosch telling them the reason they need to activate the port, what's plugging into it and being told "yes you can do that"
My light is already activated, but it’s always on when I turn on the bike. I want it to remember the last light status instead

bikedrd

Apr 5, 2021
US
It sure would be nice to control your own equipment. At least your light is not subscription based. On my ibis oso, the light was out on power up. I took it off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles