Anyone gone from......

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
OP.
Just buy the Rise, you'll love it.
They require some torque from the rider before they give any assistance, considerably more input than a full fat bike, and they don't ultimately give you as much grunt, but they do give enough to make climbs so much easier than a poverty bike.
That's how they get such a good range from such a small battery.
Handling wise, they're little different to a poverty bike, very light and nimble. What little weight difference there is you'll adjust your riding style and just get more fun all round.

Honestly, you won't regret it.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I think big money is not the solution. You should give us more info to get suggestions.
What Ebike do you have? How much do you weight? How much have you paid for it? A few pics, a link....
Often you can personalize a good bike and make it a great bike for YOU.
What kind of rides would you like to enjoy? For how many hours?
You might need a tiny gear and to climb at your own pace.
I am healthy with endurance but little power.
For my bike 5 years ago i switched the 32 teeth front for a 28.
Ounce i went from 11/36 rear to 11/42.
For my new Ebike my rear cassette has 11/46.
These small changes can be done for a few $.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Your over thinking it, just get a normal ebike, turn it up or down as required, be happy.(y)
If you're not carrying it over styles every few yards you won't notice any weight difference.
You will however notice when the half size battery goes flat.
Well said! Don't really see the point of getting a SL emtb. Definitely not worth the loss of power.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Well said! Don't really see the point of getting a SL emtb. Definitely not worth the loss of power.

there are LOTS if riders who have done the full torque thing for years and now see the point of a lighter bike with less torque getting adequate range via less ( enough) torque FOR THEM.

It takes a bit more than a quick test ride to notice, but after a full day or two SOME riders very much prefer sl style bikes. Lets face it, an irbea rise is a sl + bike anyway - almost full torque. It's the sl you buy before being convinced about sl

andyjayh

Sep 28, 2020
Guildford
I haven’t ridden a Rise yet but I do own a Levo SL and acoustic bike. I am what I call a reluctant ebike owner, only have one as girlfriend, Daughter and some riding buddies have them but I know the trails better so I’m always trying to stay up front to show the way. Anyway, I bought an SL a love it. Suits me perfectly as I can ride it with the power off most of the time and it rides like an acoustic bike, then kick in some assistance when I need to keep up on a climb. Today I was out with three ebikers and I was waiting for them most of the time…

Appreciate people who love the power of the full fats will hate SL’s but I have no interest in lugging around that much weight so it suits me fine.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
I have an acoustic bike (pivot trail 429), a giant trance E+0 (full power e-bike that I call my 'tractor' because that's how it feels) and an SL.
I had a full day on a Rise and have to admit that it's a much better machine than the SL in several ways. However, I bought the SL mostly for the lad to use and wanted an alloy frame and, as yet, they don't make an alloy Rise.

I ride the bikes in fairly equal measure, depending upon who I'm riding with and where we're going. I enjoy each one for different reasons. No bike does all jobs, which is why I have more than one bike. That said, if I only had room for one bike in my life it would be a Rise, no question.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles