Advice

dazzer1970

Feb 28, 2020
cornwall uk
I'm new to ebike world and was looking for some infformation on different Motors for commuting was looking at brose drive s Mag , shamino e8000 or e7000, bosh gen4 which of these has least resistance after cut off all in a hardtail many thanks dazzer1970

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I picked the Brose motored Specialized Turbo Levo as I felt it had the least resistance at cutout above 25kmh.
Done a 75km ride this morning and was going along the flat, and looked down and I was doing 33kmh and can say I never felt the power cut out. ?‍♂️

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Neither the E7000 or 8000 has any noticable resistance after the assistance cuts out, I'd personally avoid the E7000 though. (partly as it has lower torque, partly as I killed one in just 5 weeks of road commuting)
Whatever you go for buy fast rolling tyres for it.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
I'm new to ebike world and was looking for some infformation on different Motors for commuting was looking at brose drive s Mag , shamino e8000 or e7000, bosh gen4 which of these has least resistance after cut off all in a hardtail many thanks dazzer1970

if its just for commuting i wouldn't be looking at mountain bikes full stop, i've done quite a lot of riding on all the motors you mention and all have very little to no drag. all hold speed just fine on flat roads above cut off but over cut off acceleration is hard work.
i'd be looking at something like an orbea gain or something similar it's a much better option for what your describing

dazzer1970

Feb 28, 2020
cornwall uk
I was thinking doing a bit of trail riding as well at the weekends as I live in Cornwall and there are some beautiful bike trails down here that was why I was thinking hardtail emtb

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles