2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
Quote from OP : " if you could get them both for roughly the same price with 700 battery?"

Perhaps he’s been offered a great deal on a ‘19 Comp Carbon that includes an upgrade to the 700 Wh battery. But given the price of the 700Wh battery standalone, that would be quite a deal. In US prices, that would be about a 27% discount to get to the ‘20 Alu Comp price. Pretty thin money for a dealer.

Or maybe the ‘19 Comp Carbon is used from someone who bought the 700Wh battery. That seems more feasible.

OP, chime in any time with the details!

Marcelfacd

May 30, 2019
Leersum
Perhaps he’s been offered a great deal on a ‘19 Comp Carbon that includes an upgrade to the 700 Wh battery. But given the price of the 700Wh battery standalone, that would be quite a deal. In US prices, that would be about a 27% discount to get to the ‘20 Alu Comp price. Pretty thin money for a dealer.

Or maybe the ‘19 Comp Carbon is used from someone who bought the 700Wh battery. That seems more feasible.

OP, chime in any time with the details!

Not so very special ..... I got the 700Wh for free together with the comp carbon and even got to keep the 500Wh (bought the Levo in May when they were not on sale)
__ for those interested the 500Wh is for sale on this very forum ;-))_

Krgolob

Jul 15, 2019
Slovenia
There is some pressure to clear ‘19 stock before getting ‘20 bikes, especially if new alloy is coming with 700 battery. Bigger battery is very important and unique selling argument and as soon as ‘20 arrive to shops, LBS are stuck with ‘19 500w alloy (or carbon) models. The only way to move them, is to offer some deal to the customers. Price wise or 700w bundle.

15% off is current walk-in sale discount, we’ve all seen up to 30% off in this thread. That’s quite a stretch, but realistic offer is ‘19 comp carbon with additional 700w battery below 6500€. And that is ‘20 alloy territory.

So, which one to choose than? ‘19 poor’s man expert (comp carbon) or ‘20 alloy, BOTH with 700 battery? Are the small ‘20 tweaks worth the wait?

Marcelfacd

May 30, 2019
Leersum
So, which one to choose than? ‘19 poor’s man expert (comp carbon) or ‘20 alloy, BOTH with 700 battery? Are the small ‘20 tweaks worth the wait?

It is never worth the wait, and it is always worth the wait ....???....what I mean is that there is allways something better coming up...at the time the 2020 hits the shops, rumors of the revolutionary 2021 will start to emerge....better wait for that one!!!

As said earlier, I would choose the comp carbon, much better for 2nd hand market (those buyer will 'always' choose a Carbon above a aluminium.....it will fetch you more in 2021 ;-)

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
so the big question is do you really need a 700Wh battery?

for xc epics - yeah maybe. for razzing around a few trails, 2-3 hours, longer if you're willing to put effort in, I'm finding my body gives out before the battery does as it's pretty intense work.

I bought a '19 Carbon Comp a few days ago, so I'm riding through August not waiting.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
the 700Wh battery is also 750g heavier. That's well less than 1% of combined bike rider weight, it's your call if that's material to handling for the kind of riding you do.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I would say that the carbon framed bike will be worth more than a slightly newer Alu frame'd version. Unless there are massive spec changes.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Again, you can't know that.

If it's the same motor, battery, TCU and shitty cable it's likely to have the same problems.

Reactions: 06z

AME

Mar 28, 2019
Europe
Are the 2020 bikes now posted on Spec site? I cant find them :-( IS it verifed from Spec that the alu version will come with 700wh battery.

Sorry for not reading the entire thread.

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
Are the 2020 bikes now posted on Spec site? I cant find them :-( IS it verifed from Spec that the alu version will come with 700wh battery.

Sorry for not reading the entire thread.

The 2020 specs are now available to US dealers on their comuters. I have printouts of screenshots from my LBS.

And the Alu Comp does have the 700Wh battery.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The 2020 specs are now available to US dealers on their comuters. I have printouts of screenshots from my LBS.

And the Alu Comp does have the 700Wh battery.

Can you post the full spec?

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
2020 Kenevo news! It will be asymmetric like the Levo/stumpjumper. It's basically a long travel E-bike version of Stumpjumper Evo and will still have the brose motor. Due sometime in September and will have models with dual crown forks in the lineup

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
2020 Kenevo news! It will be asymmetric like the Levo/stumpjumper. It's basically a long travel E-bike version of Stumpjumper Evo and will still have the brose motor. Due sometime in September and will have models with dual crown forks in the lineup
What brose motor the mag s?

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
Can you post the full spec?
Are you able to share those print outs/ screen shots with us, via a post?
can you post your screenshots please?

I will post them when I get a moment. I’ll try to get to it tonight if possible. Not much upgraded at each level except the Alu Comp upgrade to the 700Wh. Suspension primarily otherwise. Note, I don’t have the Base. Only the Alu Comp, Expert, S-Works. The Comp Carbon is definitely gone.

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
I will post them when I get a moment. I’ll try to get to it tonight if possible. Not much upgraded at each level except the Alu Comp upgrade to the 700Wh. Suspension primarily otherwise. Note, I don’t have the Base. Only the Alu Comp, Expert, S-Works. The Comp Carbon is definitely gone.

OK, I found a moment sooner than I thought I would. Attached are the specs. Model and price written at the top (in my crappy handwriting).

Enjoy!!

Scan_0001.jpg
Scan_0002.jpg
Scan_0003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles