• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered 11 spd. Cassette where you can by individual sprockets?

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
On my third cassette in 5 months. Commuting is wearing the 11 teeth ring out in no time.
Is there a brand where bying a new 11t Sprocket is an option?
Thanks in advance ;-)

slippery pete

Oct 29, 2019
Scotland
What brand are you on? Shimano? I've got lots of cassettes where I've worn out the large sprockets and not worn the 11t from analogue biking. I could probably find you 1 or 2.

It may be the wear problem is not purely a wear problem. On smaller sprockets you can definitely have issues with chain wrap being insufficient. Maybe some fine adjustment of the b screw can get you a few more kms as long as it doesn't screw up the large sprocket clearance.

Pylie1

Jan 19, 2020
Australia
Depending on what brand you’re running and cassette type, you can buy individual smaller cogs/gears. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link bike shops in this particular forum, so I won’t ? Although, if you do a quick search on google with ‘11 tooth cog replacement ’ you should be able to find what you’re looking for?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Your LBS can order you in 11 and 13t shimano sprockets. Any Shimano dealer can. BTW They're not all that cheap.

a cheaper alternative in the long run would be to run a larger chainring (if possible) and learn to spin faster reducing the amount of time you spend in the 11t

I have 2 wheelsets, 1 for commuting (with slicks fitted) and the other for off-road and changed to 10 speed shimano gearing so I could run an 11-25 road cassette on the commuting wheelset and a 10speed mtb cassette on the other.
I also have 2 sram chains (1 specifically for each cassette) with quicklinks so it's not massively more time consuming when swapping wheels.

the close ratios of the 11-25 means I use the sprockets far more evenly on the road

the sprocket @Mikerb linked to is 10 speed not 11. (spacing is different). you need CS-M8000

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles