YT Postman Dropper

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Hi all,
I just ordered a Decoy 29 and plan to sell my current bike ASAP. I am wondering if anyone has any long term experience with the YT Postman dropper post. I have a 175mm Fox transfer and wolf tooth lever that I could swap it out for, but that has a lot of hard miles on that and it would be nice to have a fresh dropper post if the YT is something that I could trust to be reliable.

Any and all experience with it is welcome.
Thanks,

(I know this isn't an ebike specific question, but considering the majority of their models are spec'd with this dropper, I'd assume this is a decent place to ask).

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
I’m curious, @rb. , what are your thoughts now? I think the Dropper is too slow to rise and just feels weak. But the real shame is that the lever is a pile of junk. Mine broke after the 3rd ride

Last edited:
Reactions: Cit

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I did not use the YT dropper.
When I got the bike I swapped the fox transfer and wolftooth lever and have been running that ever since. Happy with my choice as it hasn’t gave me a single issue and feels as good as any dropper I’ve used.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Personally I would try the wolf tooth lever with the YT dropper and see how that goes - can you adjust the pressure on the YT?

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
I ordered a PNW Loam Lever. Also sent a note to YT with my thoughts on the Postman Lever. They sent me a RaceFace lever, so I have a back up, now.

I have to comment on how great the US customer support has been. They seem eager to keep customers happy.

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
I have put 1200 miles on mine so far and no complaints at all both on the dropper and lever fronts. That's coming from a Oneup combo.

Yami

Jul 10, 2020
Switzerland
I have a problem with my YT dropper post remote. It get quite loose, I tried to screw it better, but it always come loose after a few time. Does anyone know hot to fix this?

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
I have a problem with my YT dropper post remote. It get quite loose, I tried to screw it better, but it always come loose after a few time. Does anyone know hot to fix this?

Yes, send a complaint to YT and they will most likely send you an upgraded lever for free. The supplied lever is a piece of crap. Eventually, that screw is going to strip out or break the body of the lever. Mine failed in 3 rides and they sent me a RaceFace lever that rides on bearings and has a larger bolt to pinch the cable.

I actually posted all this in this thread just a few responses up...

Yami

Jul 10, 2020
Switzerland
Yes, send a complaint to YT and they will most likely send you an upgraded lever for free. The supplied lever is a piece of crap. Eventually, that screw is going to strip out or break the body of the lever. Mine failed in 3 rides and they sent me a RaceFace lever that rides on bearings and has a larger bolt to pinch the cable.

I actually posted all this in this thread just a few responses up...
I've sent a complaint. Thank you a lot for your fast reply.

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
Droppers are interesting - it is amazing how much the lever has an impact on performance. On my last bike, I bought the cheapest dropper I could find (SDG) which had a supplied lever. Total garbage and I thought I wasted my money by being cheap. Ended up trying to redeem myself by putting a OneUp lever on there and the dropper worked flawlessly!

Same thing with my decoy shred. I though the YT Postman was crap as the supplied lever was terrible - so much play before it actually did anything. Swapped the lever for a Wolf Tooth one and it works great now.

I also use this stuff: Forkboost on both my forks and the dropper. On the dropper it seems to help clean things up and lets the dropper rise back up quicker.

Yami

Jul 10, 2020
Switzerland
Droppers are interesting - it is amazing how much the lever has an impact on performance. On my last bike, I bought the cheapest dropper I could find (SDG) which had a supplied lever. Total garbage and I thought I wasted my money by being cheap. Ended up trying to redeem myself by putting a OneUp lever on there and the dropper worked flawlessly!

Same thing with my decoy shred. I though the YT Postman was crap as the supplied lever was terrible - so much play before it actually did anything. Swapped the lever for a Wolf Tooth one and it works great now.

I also use this stuff: Forkboost on both my forks and the dropper. On the dropper it seems to help clean things up and lets the dropper rise back up quicker.
I'm pretty sure that if I replace the lever it will be all good. But right now I have to push really hard on the lever to activate the dropper post and it's quite annoying and it is also pretty dangerous when you start to go down and the seat is still on your way.

vicvega

Jul 30, 2021
Sweden
I have a Decoy Core 4 on order with Postman (SDG Tellis) + MMX lever.
Anyone tried or has any info on the MMX lever? Is it also from SDG?

Last edited:

nickfrog

May 22, 2020
UK
I find the Postman and the lever to be of excellent quality both functionnaly and in terms of reliability. What's wrong with them at any price point? Not being a RS in itself is a massive bonus lol.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
Just took delivery of my 21 Core 4 MX. Looks like the lever included has been updated. The only complaints I have are the angle at which it attaches will take some getting used to. I prefer my Specialized SRL and will likely swap that over, but this new included lever isn't terrible at all. In fact it offers decent adjustment across the plane of the handlebars and a VERY light pressure to actuate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles