YT Charger

DB72

Aug 5, 2021
Australia
Hi all,
checking an issue with my mates YT. His battery is dead flat and not charging. Trying to confirm charger is working. I’m only getting 4v output. Should be 42v. Want to make sure charger is not smart and doesn’t have a soft start. Can anyone confirm that theirs outputs 42v. Thanks
David

YTPablo

Jun 27, 2020
Scotland
Can't confirm what the voltage should be but can confirm there are issues with the chargers. I came back from a ride last week and put my decoy on charge. Checked it a couple of hours later to find it hadn't charged at all. I have a spare battery so then tried to plug that in and found that wouldn't charge either. Phoned YT UK and explained the problem. They asked me to fill in a warranty claim online and then call them back. When I called back they were able to use the case number and fast track the process instead of waiting for Germany to dig through all their emails/cases. In short they are sending me a new charger with no need to send the old one back which tells me they know there are issues with them. Both times I called I got through straight away and have been very impressed after years of needing to go via Germany for warranty issues.

DB72

Aug 5, 2021
Australia
Can't confirm what the voltage should be but can confirm there are issues with the chargers. I came back from a ride last week and put my decoy on charge. Checked it a couple of hours later to find it hadn't charged at all. I have a spare battery so then tried to plug that in and found that wouldn't charge either. Phoned YT UK and explained the problem. They asked me to fill in a warranty claim online and then call them back. When I called back they were able to use the case number and fast track the process instead of waiting for Germany to dig through all their emails/cases. In short they are sending me a new charger with no need to send the old one back which tells me they know there are issues with them. Both times I called I got through straight away and have been very impressed after years of needing to go via Germany for warranty issues.
Thank you ?? will chase it up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles