Yt decoy cassette

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
I got a decoy pro race an I do not like the e13 cassette. Shifting is crap it’s only done 30mil an feels like s**t. It’s the new gen cassette fitted too. I tried a wheel off my mate trek with Shimano xt an it felt great my canyon spectral has sram an that’s great. I know it has e spec wheels an x driver hub what are my options as I know e13 don’t list a driver for Shimano as far as I am aware

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry to be brutally honest. Sell the E13 wheels ASAP. They're shite.

Shimano's 12 speed shifting is way better than anyone elses. And affordable now it's available down to SLX level. My money'd be going there were I in need of 12 speed.

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
Ok thanks for the advice. I appreciate honesty. What wheels would u recommend. The bike is fitted with di2 as well so would have to change the RD as well I assume to go 12speed

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I upgraded my chain to an ebike specific KMC X11e and now I'm fine with the E13 cassette (2nd Gen as well), the chain made an unexpected and huge improvement. The stiffness of the KMC made the difference, shifting is very precise with this chain.

The E13 wheels though...are pretty shitty, rear hubs are often problematic though mine wasn't, but the alloy rear rim on my CF Pro suffered early demise. Couldn't bring myself to rebuild another rim on that hub tho.

I'm running an I9 hub with a Nox Kitsuma rear now, still rocking the E13 in the front though, it's fine.

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
I know shimano is great and sram is great but have you looked into box components? This is their espec box one 11 speed and it feels great
33CB221E-FC71-450C-83D1-2FB70504FA57.jpeg

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
I upgraded my chain to an ebike specific KMC X11e and now I'm fine with the E13 cassette (2nd Gen as well), the chain made an unexpected and huge improvement. The stiffness of the KMC made the difference, shifting is very precise with this chain.

The E13 wheels though...are pretty shitty, rear hubs are often problematic though mine wasn't, but the alloy rear rim on my CF Pro suffered early demise. Couldn't bring myself to rebuild another rim on that hub tho.

I'm running an I9 hub with a Nox Kitsuma rear now, still rocking the E13 in the front though, it's fine.

Ok thanks I’ll pick up a chain an try it as it’s cheap enough i will change wheels but as the bike is brand new I’d rather just use it for now an get 1 in the not so distant future lol

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Ok thanks I’ll pick up a chain an try it as it’s cheap enough i will change wheels but as the bike is brand new I’d rather just use it for now an get 1 in the not so distant future lol

Did you try the chain yet?

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales

Did you try the chain yet?

No I have not, I had a play with the derailleur settings(di2) as closer inspection I could see the chain rubbing the cassette so I have adjusted it an now it seems better but now I can’t get 10th an 11th unless I dump it from 8-9th. going up the gears are fine. If I put the setting so I can get all gears it starts slipping an feels like crap. the weather has been horrible so not had much time to ride. I have sorted the clunking noise I stripped the cassette an free hub greased all contact point an it’s gone

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles