Yorkshire Cycle Hub

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Has anyone ridden around there, or does anyone ride there regularly, been there once on a motorbike and was thinking about taking the Whyte, but I was just wondering what the riding was like, are the trails full of walkers? Is there much climbing/descending, how long a loop can you do off-road etc.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Has anyone ridden around there, or does anyone ride there regularly, been there once on a motorbike and was thinking about taking the Whyte, but I was just wondering what the riding was like, are the trails full of walkers? Is there much climbing/descending, how long a loop can you do off-road etc.

One of my favourite cafes in the North Yorkshire Moors. Like you I've been on the motorbike numerous times, but haven't actually recently ridden around the area on an emtb.

Used to cycle cross country around Danby Beacon area on an mtb though, and it's great. Plenty of climbs, loads of fast descents. Mainly rocky bridleways & singletrack (animal trails) through the heather. Not too many walkers but you do have to be aware

This video will give you an insight to the immediate routes around the Cycle Hub:

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
One of my favourite cafes in the North Yorkshire Moors. Like you I've been on the motorbike numerous times, but haven't actually recently ridden around the area on an emtb.

Used to cycle cross country around Danby Beacon area on an mtb though, and it's great. Plenty of climbs, loads of fast descents. Mainly rocky bridleways & singletrack (animal trails) through the heather. Not too many walkers but you do have to be aware

This video will give you an insight to the immediate routes around the Cycle Hub:

Cheers G you’re a ⭐

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just to say we decided to take a trip to YCH yesterday and ride that Danby Beacon route on the gpx file. It’s an XC route, and has quite a few sections of tarmac roads, so not great if you want singletrack and fast descents

There’s a nice rocky ascent at the end of the route followed by basically a 1/2 mile long rock garden descent, which was fun, but the rest of the route is quite tame

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
Thanks again G, I’ll give it a go at some point, but I don’t think I’ll be rushing to get there by the sound of it.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
They’ve been building some trails on their land over the past year. A blue family fun trail, and a red / black with drops & jumps. It’s finished, but can’t open it to the public yet due to still waiting for the appropriate insurances. Told me it should be open within a couple of weeks though. No idea what it’ll be like, but no doubt worth checking out

RsGaz

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
N. Lincolnshire
They’ve been building some trails on their land over the past year. A blue family fun trail, and a red / black with drops & jumps. It’s finished, but can’t open it to the public yet due to still waiting for the appropriate insurances. Told me it should be open within a couple of weeks though. No idea what it’ll be like, but no doubt worth checking out
?now that sounds more interesting, I’ll give them a call in a couple of weeks ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles